Microsoft Flight Simulator Launching August 18 for PC and Xbox Game Pass

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
microsoft-flight-simulator-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Microsoft

Prepare for take-off! Xbox Game Studios and Asobo Studio have announced that the next-generation version of Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released for the PC on August 18. What’s even cooler is that it’ll be available on Xbox Game Pass, which means that subscribers will be able to jump in the second it launches. In fact, you can pre-install the title beginning today!

“We have been thrilled and humbled by the support and dedication that has fueled the Flight Sim community for the past 38 years,” wrote Jorg Neumann, Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator. “Since the launch of the very first Microsoft Flight Simulator in 1982, we knew it was finally the right time to...

Continue reading...

Already on the list haha. RDR2 and a few other games created a need for that long ago.
Thinking of retiring the 950 and going with dual 1TB of a yet to be determined brand.
I went with a Sabrent 1 TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe drive for my x570 rig. Been pretty happy with it but, just like most reviews have stated, load times in games are marginally improved over a standard SATA III or PCIe 3.0. It sure benches nice though! LOL. Yeah these newer eye candy games sure are storage hungry that's for sure. I've also got RDR2.

I went with a Sabrent 1 TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe drive for my x570 rig. Been pretty happy with it but, just like most reviews have stated, load times in games are marginally improved over a standard SATA III or PCIe 3.0. It sure benches nice though! LOL. Yeah these newer eye candy games sure are storage hungry that's for sure. I've also got RDR2.
Normally I can get pretty stuck on buying Samsung when it comes to Flash based storage but this time around I might go with inland or Sabrent. Its either dual 1TB Samsungs or dual 2TB of another brand at roughly equal prices..
To Brand Whore or to Data Storage Whore, thats the question.

Normally I can get pretty stuck on buying Samsung when it comes to Flash based storage but this time around I might go with inland or Sabrent. Its either dual 1TB Samsungs or dual 2TB of another brand at roughly equal prices..
To Brand Whore or to Data Storage Whore, thats the question.
When it came to nand I've tried most. Samsung, Toshiba, PNY, Sabrent, Intel, Sandisk, and probably a couple of others I'm not remembering right now. The only thing that's failed me, so far, were a pair of Kingston NVMe's that came in a laptop. They didn't last a year while my oldest Intels are pushing 5-6 years. I'm hoping come BF that I'll be able to get a decent 2TB NVMe for the X570 rig for close to $100-$150 but I know I'm dreaming. Yeah, 1TB doesn't get you far with today's games.

I've been happy with my dual 960 GB Corsair MP510's. Not PCIe 4.0, but the price was right. They're definitely fast enough.
Yeah thats another consideration, PCIe 4.0.
I probably do not need it but as I have said before if you are buying new at the current moment its tempting. Especially when you are on a PCIe4.0 platform.

Yeah thats another consideration, PCIe 4.0.
I probably do not need it but as I have said before if you are buying new at the current moment its tempting. Especially when you are on a PCIe4.0 platform.

When I bought the 960 GB 510's were $128 each, while the 1 TB 600's were almost $300 each. For the little bit of extra performance the cost wasn't justified.

Prices came down a little, but still not worth paying nearly double.

And in the grand scheme of things these drives are used for games. From what I've read you don't really see much improvement in game load times from the PCIe 4.0 drives.

When I bought the 960 GB 510's were $128 each, while the 1 TB 600's were almost $300 each. For the little bit of extra performance the cost wasn't justified.

Prices came down a little, but still not worth paying nearly double.

And in the grand scheme of things these drives are used for games. From what I've read you don't really see much improvement in game load times from the PCIe 4.0 drives.

Sometimes it's just about knowing the speed is there rather than using the speed.

Become a Patron!
Back