Microsoft Launches Beta Version of Chromium-Based Edge Browser

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft's Chromium-based revival of its failed Edge browser appears to be coming together. While there is still no ETA on an official launch, the beta version of the software is now available to download for both Windows and MacOS users.

The Edge remake looks a lot like Google's browser, which isn't surprising based on what's under the hood. Improvements to the previous preview version include tab page customization, a dark theme, and Microsoft Insider Addons/Chrome Web Store extension support.

Microsoft has said that its aim with Microsoft Edge is to create better web compatibility with better performance for customers while making sure there's less fragmentation of the web for web developers. During the preview period, Windows and Mac users downloaded Edge more than a million times, and Microsoft received more than 140,000 individual pieces of feedback to improve the browser.

Here's hoping it fare's better than it's predecessor. Honestly if it works like it should I'd be happy to have another browser but Edge was an instant fail for me when my credit card company said it hadn't passed their security tests and thus, at the time, wasn't supported on their app.

I'm sure most of us have seen this but it still makes me laugh.
Zm5ve8rrCcl_eWKSvGWx7Wp4zYaOW1Qyli63McLeZ3k.jpg

I'm all for Google getting some decent competition against Chrome.

I just am very leery when it's coming from probably the only company I trust even less than Google to abuse their position.

Become a Patron!
Back