Microsoft Offers Sony 10-Year Deal to Keep Call of Duty on PlayStation

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft has offered Sony a 10-year deal to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation, according to a report shared today by The New York Times that discusses the Windows and Xbox maker's $69 billion deal for Activision Blizzard, which is undergoing reviews in 16 countries.

See full article...

I don't know if that's enough to keep the anti-trust folks at bay. It's just one title of ... a lot of titles. And what happens when they just decide to stop making COD Titles (because they can do that) and shifting it all over to, oh idk, GoW or Halo or something.

Wouldn't take much.. Gut the COD studios. Put out a few lackluster releases, kill off the franchise and transfer the talent to the IPs that aren't under some ridiculous cross-license arrangements.

I don't know if that's enough to keep the anti-trust folks at bay. It's just one title of ... a lot of titles. And what happens when they just decide to stop making COD Titles (because they can do that) and shifting it all over to, oh idk, GoW or Halo or something.

Wouldn't take much.. Gut the COD studios. Put out a few lackluster releases, kill off the franchise and transfer the talent to the IPs that aren't under some ridiculous cross-license arrangements.
Some very valid points. I imagine there might have to be some kind of clause for such an occurrence.

Become a Patron!
Back