Microsoft Surface Pro 7 SKUs Leak Ahead of October 2nd Event

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Chief Product Officer Panos Panay announced yesterday that Microsoft would be holding its next Surface event on October 2nd. One of the devices that will be unveiled is a Surface Pro 7, which isn't all that surprising, but Winfuture.de has the SKUs to prove it.

The most affordable variant will be an Intel 10 nm "Ice Lake" Core i3 model with 4 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD. Surface fans who want to splurge can opt for one of the premium Intel Core i7 SKUs with 16 GB of RAM and the choice of a 256 GB or 512 GB SSD.

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is attending this year's event, which implies there will be some kind of super-special announcement. That could be "Centaurus," Microsoft's fabled dual-screen, foldable table/laptop hybrid device. Windows Lite, a stripped-down version of Windows 10, may also be unveiled.

Nadella didn’t attend last year’s Surface event, where Microsoft refreshed the Surface Pro and Surface Laptop lines with a new black option, unveiled a Surface Studio 2, and launched new Surface Headphones. Nadella’s attendance this year suggests that Microsoft has something significant to announce. Oh, and Panos Panay is pumped.

Got a couple of Samsung flavors of last years model for my job with an I5 and 64 Bit WIndows 10 Pro when they were on sale at NewEgg. Seriously impressed. Don't need one for myself but was tempted. I'd still never touch anything with the mobile versions of the OS but I am interested in what the new models will be.

Become a Patron!
Back