Monoprice Has a 49″ 120 Hz Ultrawide Monitor Called Dark Matter

Do any of the modern FPS online games support super ultra mega widescreen? If they only do 16:9 you're getting black bars on sides which defeats purpose, or stretched out.

Racing, flight sims, etc... sure yeah.

How would that be had? You'd just play as if you're on a 16:9 single display.

Do any of the modern FPS online games support super ultra mega widescreen? If they only do 16:9 you're getting black bars on sides which defeats purpose, or stretched out.

Racing, flight sims, etc... sure yeah.

They all work just fine. Even games you didn't think would support it.

The main downside for support is placement of hud /info boxes. Some games stuff chat, mini maps, etc on the far corners of the screen. About 10 years back, games would actually place those things towards the center (or on the center of the three screens) and it was great. Not so much these days.

I can see having to look on the far right or left to see HUD info being annoying tho, but I usually don't pay attention to that anyway.

Nope. Not buying it. I know plenty of competitive players and not one of them uses an ultra wide display. They all run 24" displays at around 96 FOV. If there was an advantage you'd be seeing it in tournament play.

Nope. Not buying it. I know plenty of competitive players and not one of them uses an ultra wide display. They all run 24" displays at around 96 FOV. If there was an advantage you'd be seeing it in tournament play.

Because they aren't allowed in tournaments is the main reason.

Because they aren't allowed in tournaments is the main reason.

Online tournaments, Twitch Rivals, Boom.TV Code Red. Numerous other $20,000 - $150,000 tournaments that are done online. They don't care what your specs are.

Of course not LAN tournaments since hardware is provided.

Online tournaments, Twitch Rivals, Boom.TV Code Red. Numerous other $20,000 - $150,000 tournaments that are done online. They don't care what your specs are.

Of course not LAN tournaments since hardware is provided.

Yeah, but those people also go to those type tournaments in LANs. Why game/practice on a setup you can't use in the LAN tournaments?

Become a Patron!
Back