MSI Announces Six GeForce RTX 3050 Series Graphics Cards

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
msi-geforce-rtx-3050-series-graphics-cards-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: MSI

MSI has announced six standard and overclocked GeForce RTX 3050 graphics cards in its Gaming, Ventus, and Aero series. Their common specifications include PCIe Gen 4x 8, 8 GB GDDR6 14 Gbps memory on a 128-bit bus, 2560 cores, x3 DP 1.4 and 1x HDMI 2.1 ports (maximum resolution of 7680 x 4320), and a single 8-pin power connector. Pricing has not been revealed, but the cards are expected to launch on January 27.

Continue reading...

I know it's old joke, but six pieces of inventory that actually makes it to retail sounds about right.

Isn't this more or a 1660 super rebranding?

Kinda like the RX 6500 is a neutered RX 480?

Isn't this more or a 1660 super rebranding?

Kinda like the RX 6500 is a neutered RX 480?
Give or take. I was reading in another 3050 thread about someone asking a similar question but I think there they were comparing to a 1660. Memory is larger, faster, and clocks will probably be faster. Plus it'll have some tensor cores to help with DLSS or RT. For someone with a 1650/1660 it'll be a slight upgrade but kind of sideways too. It could also be more power efficient as well.

To me this smells like the new 1050ti, and I don't like that smell.

I'll be shocked if these are able to be found and purchased for under 400. And this reads like a ~$200 card, back in the normal times anyway.

I hope they cripple the hell out of the mining potential, so people who actually want this thing can buy one.

*Pats 1080ti gently.... you're not going anywhere good buddy! Who's a good GPU? You are!* :cool:

I'll be shocked if these are able to be found and purchased for under 400. And this reads like a ~$200 card, back in the normal times anyway.

I hope they cripple the hell out of the mining potential, so people who actually want this thing can buy one.

*Pats 1080ti gently.... you're not going anywhere good buddy! Who's a good GPU? You are!* :cool:
Founders MSRP is supposed to be $250

Yep, I've still got my 1080 Ti. They are awesome cards!

You know Nvidia isn't going to cripple the mining abilities. If they do, it'll be like a screen door on a sub kind of attempt. Got to keep those record profits up.

This seems like the decade of reboots. movies, music, tech..... I think I will get my old computer stuff out of storage, and fix it up, so it at least feels new to me again.

If they wanted to deter miners from using this card then they wouldn't have put 8GB VRAM on it. Period.

You know Nvidia isn't going to cripple the mining abilities. If they do, it'll be like a screen door on a sub kind of attempt. Got to keep those record profits up.

This seems like the decade of reboots. movies, music, tech..... I think I will get my old computer stuff out of storage, and fix it up, so it at least feels new to me again.
Last week i opened up the junk bin and built:

Antec 300
a10-5800k
4x 4gb Gskill DDR 3
Seasonic (S12?) 600 platinum
4x Wd raptor 150gb with the windows on top
2x Samsung 850 pro 256gb
R7 250X

I don’t really know what I’m going to do with it, but honestly the new 6500 would be a solid video card upgrade for it.

Last week i opened up the junk bin and built:

Antec 300
a10-5800k
4x 4gb Gskill DDR 3
Seasonic (S12?) 600 platinum
4x Wd raptor 150gb with the windows on top
2x Samsung 850 pro 256gb
R7 250X

I don’t really know what I’m going to do with it, but honestly the new 6500 would be a solid video card upgrade for it.
Curious to see that build. I'd be lookin at a Intel Prescott with a AIW 9700 Pro running XP on a Soyo board, or an Abit BP6 with a Ti 4200.
My last box I put together with the 2400G and Rx 480 I call Regression...... Now I'm gonna have to go very retro. Especially if I find my old 386 DX 40 board.

Curious to see that build. I'd be lookin at a Intel Prescott with a AIW 9700 Pro running XP on a Soyo board, or an Abit BP6 with a Ti 4200.
My last box I put together with the 2400G and Rx 480 I call Regression...... Now I'm gonna have to go very retro. Especially if I find my old 386 DX 40 board.
The build itself isn’t that exciting to look at, but I could snap a pic or two. It is as snappy as you would expect with SSD OS drive.

More interesting build wise is my left over water cooling parts build, a slightly newer APU with classic 2003 era rads.

I’ve got a functional core 2 quad 9650 that isn’t doing much (a raspberry pi 4 is close enough performance wise I’ll probably never use it again) and then even older gear.

Become a Patron!
Back