MSI Relaunches GeForce GT 730 Graphics Card with Kepler Architecture

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
msi-geforce-gt-730-gpu-box-1024x576.jpg
Image: MSI

The graphics card market is in such depressing state that MSI has opted to reintroduce a GeForce GPU that originally debuted in 2014. Leveraging green team’s nearly decade-old Kepler architecture, the MSI GeForce GT 730 is a low-profile PCIe 2.0 graphics card featuring 384 CUDA Cores, a boost clock of 902 MHz, 2 GB of DDR3 memory operating at a memory speed of 1,600 MHz, and a power consumption rating of 23 watts. The timing of MSI’s GeForce GT 730 resurrection is amusing, being that NVIDIA confirmed this week that it would be ending support for Kepler cards in just a few months...

Continue reading...

Do drivers even matter on a GT730 lol

My favorite part is on the front of the box, it's PCIE 2.0 because that's very important to know it isn't 1.47 or some lesser number.

Let's see. Pretty sure I'm covered for the next round of releases after this. I've got a 780, 640, pair of 560 Ti, and possibly an 8800 XT, all laying around somewhere.

Can only imagine what the reviews will have to say! At 640x480 it managed to get 15 FPS with low settings for CyberPunk!(RT not enabled of course)

Maybe sli will make a comeback.

Perhaps this whole highend GPU shortage has been NVIDIA and AMD's way of reviving SLI/CrossFire. Sell lots of high end cards and lots of lower end cards SLI'd/CrossFire'd together for the folks who can't track down the high end silicon. Increase sales across the board! Brilliant!

On a related note, support for GPUs of this generation will soon end, as of the 470.xx release. Great timing.

Yeah, I thought I remembered Nvidia ending driver support for Kepler...

This seems nuts.

Become a Patron!
Back