NBCUniversal to Launch New Streaming Service, "Peacock," in April 2020

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NBCUniversal has announced the name, launch date, and initial content lineup for its new streaming service, "Peacock," which is inspired by the broadcasting company's iconic, colorful logo. The service will launch on April 2020 with over 15,000 hours of content.

This includes popular sitcoms such as "The Office" and "Parks and Recreation," as well as numerous Hollywood blockbusters and critically acclaimed films from Universal Pictures, DreamWorks Animation, and other studios. Pricing has not been revealed.

“The name Peacock pays homage to the quality content that audiences have come to expect from NBCUniversal – whether it’s culture-defining dramas from innovative creators like Sam Esmail, laugh-out-loud comedies from legends like Lorne Michaels and Mike Schur, blockbusters from Universal Pictures, or buzzy unscripted programming from the people who do it best at Bravo and E!,” said Bonnie Hammer, Chairman of Direct-to-Consumer and Digital Enterprises.

soooo many streaming services ... soooo little time .. if they don't already, ISP's will offer package deals on "streaming' services instead of TV cable packages. I think mine offered Netflix and Hulu for free for a few months or something like that. (Charter/Spectrum).

Cord cutting is getting more and more options which is good .. I guess ..

soooo many streaming services ... soooo little time .. if they don't already, ISP's will offer package deals on "streaming' services instead of TV cable packages. I think mine offered Netflix and Hulu for free for a few months or something like that. (Charter/Spectrum).

Cord cutting is getting more and more options which is good .. I guess ..

Everyone wanted stuff unbundled because it would be "cheaper" and "easier" to get what they "want". Wait until you see the fragmented cash grab **** show this will be. Then there will be the return of bundles by your cable company or ISP again to fight the evil cash grab of individual services.

Rinse, recycle, repeat. Ad nauseum.

These streaming services seem to pop up just about every few months now.

Become a Patron!
Back