New PS5 Beta Introduces Discord Voice Chat, VRR Support for 1440p, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
PlayStation has begun rolling out a new PS5 system software beta that includes a number of fan-requested features. The biggest additions appear to be support for Discord, allowing PS5 owners to voice chat via one of the world's most popular VoIP and instant messaging social platforms, as well as Variable Refresh Rate support for 1440p resolution, enabling smoother visual performance under that setting. Invited beta participants from the U.S., Canada, Japan, U.K., Germany, and France will also find a variety of UX, accessibility, and social feature enhancements, although Sony has warned that some features may not make it into the final version of the software.

See full article...

1440p VRR you say? I wonder if my TV will support that.... but also what games would? I guess if your force the 1440p resolution at a system level, turn on 120hz mode on your 4k (if it supports 1440) and see what happens? Sony x900h it was supposed to do all those fancy hdmi 2.1 things but I don't think they have really come to pass. 4k/60 seems fine but I could see a desire for 120 for shooters...

Become a Patron!
Back