Newegg Shuffle

Brian_B

FPS Enthusiast
So,

I complained pretty vocally about the EVGA queue system. Still pretty disappointed in that. I'd be amazed if I get a notification from that before the cards are totally obsolete or I'm dead from old age.

So a lot of people seem to be having some luck with Newegg Shuffle. It's not always the best deal around, but it's a shot at something. Since early March I've been signing up when I can. And it's a lot easier than trying to chase in-stock notifications, which do nothing but raise my blood pressure and I don't sit in front of the computer all day.

I'm currently signed up 23 times. Each time signing up for each item/combo possible: not everything is appealing (the 6700s going for $800+ are pretty ridiculous in particular imho), but it isn't a commitment to buy, I figure even if I wouldn't use personally I would offer it to folks here for cost, or just decline to buy if nothing else.

So, I'm 0-23 on signups. If I were to do that as a per-item, that ratio gets much worse.

How are the rest of you making out?

So far my odds of getting hit by lightning three times in a row during a vasectomy are better than me scoring a newer generation video card.

The local MC has been dropping some prices. I have seen a 6700xt in the $800 range and a 3060ti in the $600 range, but with work on the road, it's hard to get to MC before they are gone.

I figure by the end of the summer, I feel i'll be lucky enough to grab something better than a 1080ti for at least a bit closer to msrp. Then trickle the cards down that I currently have.

Any chance we could get you to win a couple more shuffles and then pass the products along to us for a cost?

That's absolutely something I'm considering. One consideration is that I'll likely use them as trade bait to get other cards to review, so that may lock up some of them (but eventually they'll be traded til we're done... i guess?), another is to use it as some sort of promo to increase the FB/Twitter/Email/Forum population. Could also just PM some of the long timers and offer 'em up :).

Keep in mind, I won't be bartering/trading/selling the sampled cards. From a purchased card perspective, there's a handful of 3090s, handful of 3070s, a 6700xt, a 3060, a 6900 xt, a 6700xt and a 6800xt (some sourced from other forums, some sourced from the EVGA queue as well)

0-16 now... I have no idea how you got 6 wins in just twice as many times. I'm not just selecting 1 items from the shuffle either. I'm going almost all-in trying to get a 3070/80/90 card..

I may have to create a different newegg account to get one. I might have a better chance. I'm only looking for a 6800xt for myself, and I'm not even sure the last time they had one. Maybe it was last week...

Chip shortages will go on for quite a while yet https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/tsmc-intel-and-nvidia-warn-of-years-of-chip-shortages/

At this stage I basically lost interest and won't cough up money for stuff that's halfway thru it's life cycle.
Hoping chip manufacturing will return/start to the U.S. (and other countries) and will just game on with what I got until then haha.

The upside is I have found and joined new game communities for my existing games and enjoy interacting with other players quite a bit.
Kinda forgot there for a bit how much fun that can be. You know, where ppl talk more about the game than the hardware..

0-16 now... I have no idea how you got 6 wins in just twice as many times. I'm not just selecting 1 items from the shuffle either. I'm going almost all-in trying to get a 3070/80/90 card..
I'm zero and more than I can count. I've entered nearly every one since the beginning of February and nada. I've been trying to get something for myself but also trying to help David with review stock. I even reached out to their customer service on Monday to see if I flagged or banned or something and they told me that my account was fine it was just luck of the draw.

Chip shortages will go on for quite a while yet https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/tsmc-intel-and-nvidia-warn-of-years-of-chip-shortages/

At this stage I basically lost interest and won't cough up money for stuff that's halfway thru it's life cycle.
Hoping chip manufacturing will return/start to the U.S. (and other countries) and will just game on with what I got until then haha.

The upside is I have found and joined new game communities for my existing games and enjoy interacting with other players quite a bit.
Kinda forgot there for a bit how much fun that can be. You know, where ppl talk more about the game than the hardware..
It's kind of a bummer that most display manufacturers are putting so much focus on 4K these days. A lot of us would've been quite happy with larger 1440p displays with more features and been able to use our older or less powerful cards to greater benefit. Oh well.

It's kind of a bummer that most display manufacturers are putting so much focus on 4K these days. A lot of us would've been quite happy with larger 1440p displays with more features and been able to use our older or less powerful cards to greater benefit. Oh well.
I play Conan Exiles at 1440 scaled to my 4k monitor with a 2070 at 60fps. I use nvidias sharpen filter to add some...sharpness..
I like the way it looks :)

https://i.ibb.co/d7k4XKY/Conan-Exiles-Screenshot-2021-03-03-21-49-06-84.png

I play Conan Exiles at 1440 scaled to my 4k monitor with a 2070 at 60fps. I use nvidias sharpen filter to add some...sharpness..
I like the way it looks :)

https://i.ibb.co/d7k4XKY/Conan-Exiles-Screenshot-2021-03-03-21-49-06-84.png
Exactly. For a couple of years I was really hoping to get a 1440p/144Hz/HDR1000/G-Sync/IPS/around 30-35 inches or so display. I finally gave up and got the Samsung CRG9, and it's been great, but still takes a 3090 to really use it. Manufacturers just plain gave up on that kind of stuff.

It's what they can make that they can also sell, I assume.

Anything more than 4k gets a bit hacky when it comes to actually getting output to it, unless you're Apple. Hard to support, hard to market, and 4k is already a lot for most people.

Of course I use > 4k worth of pixels on the desktop; what I'd almost certainly be doing, if it existed, would be to use whatever scaling is available on a per-application level with a much higher resolution display. Games can use DLSS or equivalent to get up to the output resolution while desktop stuff would be scaled by the OS or left native where possible for say imagery.

Let's say 150% scaling is the norm, so take 5k (5120) and increase by 50% to 7680, and keep the 2160 height. at ~1m viewing distance that should yield an extremely sharp, spacious workspace.

Become a Patron!
Back