Nexus Mods Celebrates 10 Billion Downloads

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Nexus Mods has announced that it has hit 10 billion file downloads, an epic milestone for what originally began as a humble fan site in 2001 for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind before expanding to what is now one of the best-known modding sites on the web.

See full article...

And half of those downloads are probably nude mods and dicks for chicks. Going through the pages of mods for some of these games paints a grim picture of humanity.
Too **** true... now where is my hot coffee mod...

Ages ago I used to grab stuff from NexusMods, but in more recent years they require an account, so I haven't used their site for anything in a very long time now.

Ages ago I used to grab stuff from NexusMods, but in more recent years they require an account, so I haven't used their site for anything in a very long time now.
I don't recall having to put anything in there besides an E-Mail address and a username.

Yeah, a couple of years back they made things a bit more formal. I remember having to set up a little bit more when that happened because I used to grab the Halk Hogan mods for Witcher 3 from there. More recently stuff HDR/DLSS stuff for Starfield before most of the fixes. I've also tinkered with the DLSS fixes for a couple of the Resident Evil games. Way, way back I got a few things for Skyrim, some of the packs, but these days I'm just too busy to put the time into mods for anything other than a feature that's missing in a game that I want to use.

And half of those downloads are probably nude mods and dicks for chicks. Going through the pages of mods for some of these games paints a grim picture of humanity.
I'm in full support of people living out their sexual deviancies in videogames instead of IRL.

Too bad nexusmods has also been infiltrated by moral busybodies, and is regularly taking down mods they find "problematic". It is only a matter of time before they come for lewd mods.

I don't think I ever used it, then again other then Wow I barely still use mods, those days are long gone since the original half life/quake 3/sin days.

I played The Elder Scrolls - Oblivion in a highly modded state and obtained those mods from Nexus. That was back when they were relatively new. I also played a highly modded Skyrim, but all of those mods came from Steam Workshop (back when I still played games from Steam). Otherwise, I haven't used the Nexus site for game mods.

I've heard through other sources that Nexus went through a power grab phase, and claimed ownership of all mods uploaded to their site. This caused a lot of good modders to leave Nexus, abandoning their works but continuing to provide updates on other platforms. I'm sure this is game-specific and taken on case-by-case.

Become a Patron!
Back