NordVPN - Hacked!!

Space_Ranger

Semi-regular

NordVPN, a virtual private network provider that promises to “protect your privacy online,” has confirmed it was hacked.

The admission comes following rumors that the company had been breached. It first emerged that NordVPN had an expired internal private key exposed, potentially allowing anyone to spin out their own servers imitating NordVPN.

VPN providers are increasingly popular as they ostensibly provide privacy from your internet provider and visiting sites about your internet browsing traffic. That’s why journalists and activists often use these services, particularly when they’re working in hostile states. These providers channel all of your internet traffic through one encrypted pipe, making it more difficult for anyone on the internet to see which sites you are visiting or which apps you are using. But often that means displacing your browsing history from your internet provider to your VPN provider. That’s left many providers open to scrutiny, as often it’s not clear if each provider is logging every site a user visits.

For its part, NordVPN has claimed a “zero logs” policy. “We don’t track, collect, or share your private data,” the company says.

But the breach is likely to cause alarm that hackers may have been in a position to access some user data.

Not too surprising considering I've recently seen ad's for them on t.v. Once they became popular enough they also became a larger target worth the attention of hackers.

For its part, NordVPN has claimed a “zero logs” policy. “We don’t track, collect, or share your private data

I've always got doubts about those kinds of claims from most VPN's.

Not too surprising considering I've recently seen ad's for them on t.v. Once they became popular enough they also became a larger target worth the attention of hackers.

I agree. Seems like common practice for this to happen, and the hackers accept it as a challenge.

Become a Patron!
Back