November and December Are Going to Be Big Months for New Game Releases

I can't think of a single game out of the top of my head that would be coming out now and is even remotely interesting.

Let's see that list. Ah, as I suspected, nothing to see here.

God of War 5: Ragnarok I'm waiting for a PC release (and I don't have a PS5, though I could borrow one if I wanted). Definitely want to play that game, but I'm never in a rush to play any game. Most games I want to play I get around to within 3-5 years of launch. But that game has most definitely been added to the queue.

Sonic Frontiers, I really don't know about that one. I've played every main 3D Sonic game but never bothered to finish Sonic Heroes, or the absolute worst of the bunch, Sonic 2006. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, as flawed as they were, still provided some fun times. Sonic Unleashed (X360/PS3 version, not the different and crappier Wii/PS2 version) had those awesome daytime stages, but the nighttime stages where you play as the werehog f*cked everything up. Sonic Colors was okay. Not terrible but definitely not something to go outta your way to play. Sonic Generations was sorta okay I guess. Doesn't leave a lasting impression. Sonic Forces is not as bad as Sonic 2006 but it definitely doesn't compare to any of the others. I'm actually in the middle of playing Sonic Lost World, which is interesting and different but overall still meh. Been dragging my feet to finish that one. Sonic Boom: Rise of the Lyric (or whatever the f*ck it's called) is exclusive to Wii U and while I have a Wii U, it's not soft-modded (yet) and I got no intention of paying for the game, which I heard was trash. I could probably play it via emulation, but eh why bother. On the plus side, 3D Sonic games are usually riddled with bugs and glitches, and Sonic Forces and Sonic Lost World kind of go against that trend, which was shocking to see. Anyways, the history of 3D Sonic games doesn't have me running to check out Sonic Frontiers. I don't really expect much from Takashi Iizuka and the modern-day version of Sonic Team, haven't for years. All the best Sonic games are 2D and they were already made long ago (well Sonic Mania wasn't bad, that one was 2017).

I f*cked around with Goat Simulator 1 a little bit back when it came out, but that got old fast. Didn't even remember they were making a sequel, which they decided to call "3". I will probably forget about the game again immediately after posting this. I won't be putting in any effort to check it out on my own.

I played Spider-Man Remastered on PC maybe a month or two ago, had a blast with it, so I'm interested in checking out Miles Morales. Not for fifty f*cking dollars though. As usual I will wait for a sale.

Been a looooong time since there has been a Gungrave game. I barely remember the first two games, but I recall them being fun (and hard as f*ck). I recall enjoying the 2000s anime as well. Glad to see the IP revisited. Hope this 3rd game turns out fun too. But yeah my memories of the first two games are very vague, so I'd have to revisit the games to recall any idea of what they were like.

I don't know sh1t about Evil West but I think one of my friends is interested in it. Maybe I'll ask him what's up widdit.

Aside from God of War 5 and Bayonetta 3 (both of which I may not get around to for years, although emulation could be an option with the latter), I don't really think there's anything coming out for the rest of the year (or that just came out) that I would be interested in that I'm aware of. All the games I'm currently in the middle of came out years ago. My queue is full, I got sh1t to play, I'm in no rush for any of the new stuff.

Aside from God of War 5 and Bayonetta 3 (both of which I may not get around to for years, although emulation could be an option with the latter), I don't really think there's anything coming out for the rest of the year (or that just came out) that I would be interested in that I'm aware of. All the games I'm currently in the middle of came out years ago. My queue is full, I got sh1t to play, I'm in no rush for any of the new stuff.
This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

I can't even really think of anything out there at all that I'm hyped about. I was mildly interested in FFXVI / FFVII pt 2 / Forspoken, but after FFXV was kinda bleh and S/E has circled the drain more than a few times over now, I'm not really holding my breath for anything coming out of that house, and even if that weren't the case, they still would not be Day 1 $70 purchases.

Maybe Soulframe.

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

I can't even really think of anything out there at all that I'm hyped about. I was mildly interested in FFXVI / FFVII pt 2 / Forspoken, but after FFXV was kinda bleh and S/E has circled the drain more than a few times over now, I'm not really holding my breath for anything coming out of that house, and even if that weren't the case, they still would not be Day 1 $70 purchases.

Maybe Soulframe.
Same here. Games are just either getting worse or my taste in games has been different. Midnight Suns intrigued me, but the card portion of the game does not. Had a blast playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance back in the day and thought it would be like that game, but no.

Games are just either getting worse or my taste in games has been different
In my case at least I know my tastes have changed.

I used to love tactical games - like XCom or FF Tactics. Today, I can't stand them, they seem too slow and I get bored. Same with point-and-clicks, like Myst or the Telltale games; now, can't stand 'em. I can't even go back to the old titles I remember having a blast with.

Thst new need for speed could be fun. Unbound. Might nab it.

Wow expac and God of war are the only ones that interest me.

I'm curious about Midnight Suns but yeah that card component kind of ruins it for me. I want SM Miles Morales but will only get it if it's on sale.

There is a decent chance I'll grab The Callisto Protocol if the reviews are good. Some day I might get Gotham Knights if it's cheap enough.

Evil West has potential but, again, depends on price and reviews.

Sort of curious about High on Life but JR(Rick and Morty) has been all over the map and I can't say that I've enjoyed his other project(s) that have been on Netflix. It's another I'll wait and read the reviews on.

God of War, definitely want but not getting a console for it so here's hoping we see it in a year or so. Meanwhile, I've still got plenty of stuff for the previous one to go back and grind away with.

Those are the only things on my radar for now, other than Dead Space in 2023.

I'm curious about Midnight Suns but yeah that card component kind of ruins it for me. I want SM Miles Morales but will only get it if it's on sale.

There is a decent chance I'll grab The Callisto Protocol if the reviews are good. Some day I might get Gotham Knights if it's cheap enough.

Evil West has potential but, again, depends on price and reviews.

Sort of curious about High on Life but JR(Rick and Morty) has been all over the map and I can't say that I've enjoyed his other project(s) that have been on Netflix. It's another I'll wait and read the reviews on.

God of War, definitely want but not getting a console for it so here's hoping we see it in a year or so. Meanwhile, I've still got plenty of stuff for the previous one to go back and grind away with.

Those are the only things on my radar for now, other than Dead Space in 2023.
I'm just super happy the abomination, Starfield, is not a choice this 4Q and I hope it(?) (preferred choice 😂) continues to delay for many more years to come

But for me, though, MILES - first pre-orders in years (many are gifts, though), 2nd TCP but after reviews and when Dead Space Remake is released. The Dead Space Remake have my attention more at the moment and for me, it makes very little sense to have the exact same title except for a tiny paint job.

Let's see those games then.
  • October 21 – Gotham Knights I'm not much into superhero / comic book genre, never played any of them
  • October 28 – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II I'd like to play the campaign one day, but I haven't even played MW1 yet, because they are still asking €60 for it, and it is not available on any 3rd party stores either. This is why I hate exclusivity on the EGS also.
  • October 28 – Resident Evil Village: Winters’ Expansion DLC I recently purchased the base game ,and I hate everything about it with true zeal.
  • November 3 – WRC Generations Never tried the series, arcade rallying games have not appealed to me since CMR2
  • November 3 – Goat Simulator 3 I'm not in the habit of playing joke games, maybe if it was free I'd try it as a joke, but I Doubt it could entertain me for more than 20 minutes.
  • November 8 – Sonic Frontiers Sega and Nintendo might as well be on another planet, I have so little interest in their franchises
  • November 9 – God of War Ragnarök I wanted to like God of War, but after watching gameplay footage of the last game I realized it is not for me
  • November 16 – Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 I say no to multiplayer games since 2008. The friends I used to play MP with either moved on from gaming, or we lost contact due to them becoming economic migrants (ie moving to the west)
  • November 18 – Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales See Gotham Knights
  • November 18 – The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me Never heard of it, so how is this a big title
  • November 22 – Evil West Never heard of it, so how is this a big title
  • November 22 – Gungrave G.O.R.E. Never heard of it
  • November 28 – World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Never was into WOW or any MMO even when I did MP
  • November 30 – Warhammer 40,000: Darktide I might try this if the reviews are great, but I can't say I'm eagerly waiting at the edge of my seat
  • December 1 – The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Chapter 2 Retribution Hellll no, I've bailed on the walking dead long before Rick did. And it was BAD even then.
  • December 2 – Marvel’s Midnight Suns The only game I was initially excited for, because it was promising to be like XCOM2, but then I learned about the card based combat system. It's Chimera Squad all over again, strip everything out from XCOM2 that makes it good and replace it with idiotic mechanics.
  • December 2 – Need for Speed Unbound It is made by criterion, the idiots responsible for the worst NFS game ever, If any studio deserves to be killed off by EA it is them. I do not expect this to be anything less than a crime against humanity.
  • December 2 – The Callisto Protocol I heard about this but couldn't quite place it, so I looked it up, and it is the dead space game, I might check this one out if trusted sources say good things, but I can't say I'm excited for it.
  • December 6 – Hello Neighbor 2 Never heard of it
  • December 9 – Dragon Quest Treasures Never heard of it
  • December 13 – Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion Never heard of it
  • December 13 – High on Life Never heard of it

Let's see those games then.
  • October 21 – Gotham Knights I'm not much into superhero / comic book genre, never played any of them
  • October 28 – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II I'd like to play the campaign one day, but I haven't even played MW1 yet, because they are still asking €60 for it, and it is not available on any 3rd party stores either. This is why I hate exclusivity on the EGS also.
  • October 28 – Resident Evil Village: Winters’ Expansion DLC I recently purchased the base game ,and I hate everything about it with true zeal.
  • November 3 – WRC Generations Never tried the series, arcade rallying games have not appealed to me since CMR2
  • November 3 – Goat Simulator 3 I'm not in the habit of playing joke games, maybe if it was free I'd try it as a joke, but I Doubt it could entertain me for more than 20 minutes.
  • November 8 – Sonic Frontiers Sega and Nintendo might as well be on another planet, I have so little interest in their franchises
  • November 9 – God of War Ragnarök I wanted to like God of War, but after watching gameplay footage of the last game I realized it is not for me
  • November 16 – Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 I say no to multiplayer games since 2008. The friends I used to play MP with either moved on from gaming, or we lost contact due to them becoming economic migrants (ie moving to the west)
  • November 18 – Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales See Gotham Knights
  • November 18 – The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me Never heard of it, so how is this a big title
  • November 22 – Evil West Never heard of it, so how is this a big title
  • November 22 – Gungrave G.O.R.E. Never heard of it
  • November 28 – World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Never was into WOW or any MMO even when I did MP
  • November 30 – Warhammer 40,000: Darktide I might try this if the reviews are great, but I can't say I'm eagerly waiting at the edge of my seat
  • December 1 – The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Chapter 2 Retribution Hellll no, I've bailed on the walking dead long before Rick did. And it was BAD even then.
  • December 2 – Marvel’s Midnight Suns The only game I was initially excited for, because it was promising to be like XCOM2, but then I learned about the card based combat system. It's Chimera Squad all over again, strip everything out from XCOM2 that makes it good and replace it with idiotic mechanics.
  • December 2 – Need for Speed Unbound It is made by criterion, the idiots responsible for the worst NFS game ever, If any studio deserves to be killed off by EA it is them. I do not expect this to be anything less than a crime against humanity.
  • December 2 – The Callisto Protocol I heard about this but couldn't quite place it, so I looked it up, and it is the dead space game, I might check this one out if trusted sources say good things, but I can't say I'm excited for it.
  • December 6 – Hello Neighbor 2 Never heard of it
  • December 9 – Dragon Quest Treasures Never heard of it
  • December 13 – Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion Never heard of it
  • December 13 – High on Life Never heard of it

You and I are pretty much on the same page. I will say I have played some of the Dark Pictures games... they are like interactive horror movies. You wander around, find clues, interact with characters with a dialog wheel, and chock full of QTEs. Usually the graphics are very good, and some are more humorous than others. So you decide if that interests you. No way I would pay full price for one though... $20 tops. And a couple of them are on PS+ already.

Gotham Knights is basically a Batman game (like Arkham City or Dark Knight) but without Batman. Reviews have not been kind. Girlfriend Reviews did a hilarious review of it (on YT).

I'm just super happy the abomination, Starfield, is not a choice this 4Q and I hope it(?) (preferred choice 😂) continues to delay for many more years to come
That's the only game that's probably actually coming out in the near-ish future that I'd bother with... after reviews explain how it's less crappy than FO4 and FO76. Dragon Age and Mass Effect games are too far off to think about, and well, EA has spent the last five years destroying the Battlefield franchise, so... what else is there?

Become a Patron!
Back