nVidia 30xx series configurations pricing UPDATED...

I was refreshing my pages from 8:45 on and I have yet to see a manufacturer card available... So disappointed..

Yeah, it was ugly.

That MLID conspiracy video is looking less like a conspiracy. With the PS5 preorders, they went fast, but not 'instantly' fast like the 3080s went.

Yeah, it was ugly.

That MLID conspiracy video is looking less like a conspiracy. With the PS5 preorders, they went fast, but not 'instantly' fast like the 3080s went.
It's more likely that the FUD people were spreading caused people to panic buy and more scalpers to put their bots to work for both these and the PS5. It won't kill you to wait a month or 2.

I was refreshing my pages from 8:45 on and I have yet to see a manufacturer card available... So disappointed..

I used couple of bots to help get card(s) for friends -- alerts went off just after 1AM CST, and 1 more just after 2AM -- Within 5 mins stock sold out -- I think some of the stores seemly looking as they have stock for couple seconds this morning are just processing the orders from bots in early morning hours.

If 3090 and 3070 end up the same way, and prices continue so high (some of rumors put nvidia not really having much in the way of stock till into March 2021, this morning on nvidia's own site the 3080 climbed to $1,500.00 on newegg and amazon) -- it may be a good launch for AMD if they can get product in stock and have some sort success with the performance of their next gen cards.

It's more likely that the FUD people were spreading caused people to panic buy and more scalpers to put their bots to work for both these and the PS5. It won't kill you to wait a month or 2.

Yar, true enough. Even without the conspiracy, there's been so much hype due to the early benchmarks and the FE reviews being overwhelmingly positive. And in just over a month, there'll be a better understanding of what AMD has planned and if Nvidia will counter that with a updated 3080 so the smart plan is to wait it out. Just not as much fun as snagging one at launch, though.

so the 6AM PST nVidia time was bogus.. I give up. Enjoy the cards folks.. I'm out..

Newegg was down. I've never seen that happen before. What a joke. They probably had 10 cards total, and 100000 people going after them.

Newegg was down. I've never seen that happen before. What a joke. They porobably had 10 cards total, and 100000 people going after them.

Newegg seems to have stabilized at this point, BH appears to be wiped off the internet.

I saw about 3 cards in stock at Newegg, got one of the three in my cart, by the time the cart page loaded it was out of stock and gone from my cart.

Newegg seems to have stabilized at this point, BH appears to be wiped off the internet.

I saw about 3 cards in stock at Newegg, got one of the three in my cart, by the time the cart page loaded it was out of stock and gone from my cart.

David, what's you're thoughts on bit mining... will new nvidia cards come in with their next big shipment into a market of highly marketed up cards, I mean for awhile this morning on nvidia's own page newegg and amazon had several 3080 cards listed $1,500.00. If 3080 trends there that would be at Titan RTX prices (to which is matches or beats in performance) leaving 3090 which could with ease hit $2k mark at the old price of Titan RTX -- Which then makes more sense if we see at some point a $3k Titan Ampre I guess. Launch prices and stock, this is all before any sorts of mining push, again, if there is one. This could end up being an AMD opportunity if they can bring some solid performance with their next gen and pull off a launch with cards to sell.

David, what's you're thoughts on bit mining... will new nvidia cards come in with their next big shipment into a market of highly marketed up cards, I mean for awhile this morning on nvidia's own page newegg and amazon had several 3080 cards listed $1,500.00. If 3080 trends there that would be at Titan RTX prices (to which is matches or beats in performance) leaving 3090 which could with ease hit $2k mark at the old price of Titan RTX -- Which then makes more sense if we see at some point a $3k Titan Ampre I guess. Launch prices and stock, this is all before any sorts of mining push, again, if there is one. This could end up being an AMD opportunity if they can bring some solid performance with their next gen and pull off a launch with cards to sell.

Brent should be sending our 3080 FE to me for the overclocking article that's on the todo list and I'll run some mining numbers at that point, but at least from what I've seen, I'm not sure they are smash hits (I suppose it depends on the algo). Numbers that I've seen put it at 75-100MH/s (depending on clocks) for Ethereum. Compare that to the 5700XT at 50-60MH/s and I don't see the premium being worth it unless you're constrained by number of cards (I suppose that is the case for larger operations).

Of course, there could be other algos that flip this on its head...

Brent should be sending our 3080 FE to me for the overclocking article that's on the todo list and I'll run some mining numbers at that point, but at least from what I've seen, I'm not sure they are smash hits (I suppose it depends on the algo). Numbers that I've seen put it at 75-100MH/s (depending on clocks) for Ethereum. Compare that to the 5700XT at 50-60MH/s and I don't see the premium being worth it unless you're constrained by number of cards (I suppose that is the case for larger operations).

Of course, there could be other algos that flip this on its head...

One other topic -- with nvidia going to Samsung this time (more than in past at least) -- Could this help both nvidia and AMD with getting more product produced, or has other markets sucked up so much fab time we can expect short stock on all new next cards from both companies? Curious if there is much in the way of inside chatter on this topic?

Thank you David!

I would expect the biggest constraint on 3080/3090 production to be GDDR6X availability.

Micron, at least, is still reporting that it's only available in Sampling quantities, not full production

One other topic -- with nvidia going to Samsung this time (more than in past at least) -- Could this help both nvidia and AMD with getting more product produced, or has other markets sucked up so much fab time we can expect short stock on all new next cards from both companies? Curious if there is much in the way of inside chatter on this topic?

Thank you David!

I'm not sure NVIDIA had a choice with how sold out TSMC has been in recent history.

The pandemic has also had a significant impact on the supply chain - just look at how GPU, motherboard, power supply, etc. have fared in etail over the course of the past 6 months. General word is that the moment that the US $1200 pandemic payments hit that the entire market jumped into Christmas season level of demand during what's usually low season. When you multiply that with an extended Chinese New Year break, a lack of air freight capacity (and what is available at a huge price) due to long haul international flights being on the ground and cargo ships being backlogged for months... there's countless places in the supply chain that can easily cause a bottleneck in getting the final product to consumers.

That being said, sure, fab capacity and GDDR6X availability (as noted by @Brian_B) are potential constraints, but so are getting other board components.

Pair all this up with the first big leap in performance at this price point since the 1080 GTX hit the shelves over 4 years ago, there should be no shortage of gamers jumping over each other with wads of cash screaming "take my money".

B&H took their website down due to the relentlessness of bots, it seems.

<snip>

It seems they were blocking 1. Page Refreshes and 2. Using the search. If you go back to their home page and navigate through categories, it'll let you through so you can see that they unsurprisingly had nothing.

I have seen them pop back into in stock on Best Buy's site at least once or twice over the past few hours but they refused to sell them until they went back to being sold out.

FE listings for both the 3080 and 3090 on NVIDIA's website are currently removed. They were there this morning.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shop/g...,LENOVO~2,LG~2,MSI~53,PNY~6,RAZER~13,ZOTAC~11

Interesting, nothing but the 3070 (founders) there right now... Wonder if nVidia is sharing, or willing to share with any of the press or review sites the actual number of Founder 3090 and 3080 they shipped? If AMD is so lucky to have cards that can reach 3090 level of performance, things would become interesting... I see that nVidia also pushed back the 3070 launch until Oct 29th, a day after the RX 6000 series launch.

Become a Patron!
Back