NVIDIA and ASUS Announce World's Fastest Monitor: The ROG Swift 360 Hz G-SYNC Display

For the actual gameplay, it was just 60 vs 360. I am so suspect that since I did the 60 first, I gained some skill by it not being the first time doing each task. They also had a demo on display of DOTA map scrolling and we could flip between comparing 60/144/240/360 on the two monitors there. There was a notable difference in text clarity on the 360 even compared to 240. I'm not sure if it would actually make a difference in actual gameplay though.

unless we start seeing real pixel refresh rates in the 1ms range actually work... I expect to see some ghosting. Were you able to run any actual tests on pixel refresh rates and such? Because again 360hz refresh on a monitor sounds... too good.

unless we start seeing real pixel refresh rates in the 1ms range actually work... I expect to see some ghosting. Were you able to run any actual tests on pixel refresh rates and such? Because again 360hz refresh on a monitor sounds... too good.

Couldn't do anything beyond the three separate demos that they had set up. The world will have to wait until these screens make it out into the wild...

Aimbot enabled at 360Hz...

You know.. that's what it felt like with the timing exercise. On the 60Hz screen I missed 10/10 dudes running across that door cracked open. On the 360Hz screen I hit 5/10. On at least 4 that I hit, my eyes told me that I missed the shot, but the game still gave me credit for slapping their butt with a bullet.

So, yeah its good higher hz keep coming hopefully it will balance out with good color and rez and price, right now all these things are all over the place... Than again money gets you what you want, but holy moly can these babies get expensive.

Over the years I'm still constantly amazed when I can tell the difference in a visual or audio upgrade. I keep wondering when I'll really hit the limit of what I can perceive. For audio I'm pretty sure that 24/192 is it but currently the DAC's in our receivers upscale to 36/384 so I'm not sure anymore for audio. It just all sounds good. For video I'm still seeing the improvements but the biggest jumps for me were 30>60>120-144Hz. I can easily notice anything under 60 now. Mostly notice the improvement from 60-120 but unsure about over 144 but honestly haven't really experienced it. I am curious about 360 though.

On a side note I was doubtful about how 4k, increased color ranges, and increased contrast ratios would make the difference with HDR. All I can say is wow! With some content and the right t.v. things can get a depth that is almost 3d like. So whether in frame speeds or other improvements there's still a lot that can be done that the human eye can perceive with modern displays. Even without throwing more pixels out there.

edit: Oh yeah-the costs-it's digital crack.

Become a Patron!
Back