NVIDIA and ASUS Announce World's Fastest Monitor: The ROG Swift 360 Hz G-SYNC Display

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has teamed up with ASUS to create the world's fastest monitor, the ASUS ROG Swift 360 Hz G-SYNC Display.

This monitor offers an incredible 120 Hz improvement over current market leaders, which tap out at 240 Hz.

AU Optronics was the supplier for the 24.5 inch, 1080p panel. While the type wasn't specified, the high refresh rate would suggest that it's a TN panel.

Coupled with NVIDIA's G-SYNC technology, esports pros and other demanding gamers can experience tear-free frames and latencies of less than 3 ms.

Look for coverage from your favorite channels and websites over the coming week and stay tuned for more information on pricing and availability for the ASUS ROG Swift 360Hz G-SYNC display coming later this year.

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-many-frames-per-second-can-the-human-eye-really-see/
people that know say it won't make you more effective.. :
The important thing here is that Chopin is talking about the brain acquiring visual information which it can process and on which it can act. He’s not saying that we can’t notice a difference between 20 Hz and 60 Hz footage. “Just because you can see the difference, it doesn’t mean you can be better in the game,” he says. “After 24 Hz you won’t get better, but you may have some phenomenological experience that is different.” There’s a difference, therefore, between effectiveness and experience.

Its interesting... So if you buy this 360hz monitor but suck at the game, at least it will look cool as your *** gets kicked .

To be clear I fully believe the brain and eyes are capable of seeing the difference in Hz and FPS at high high high numbers. I was just making the joke ;)

Also, you are right, higher Hz and FPS aint gonna make your skill better.

To be clear I fully believe the brain and eyes are capable of seeing the difference in Hz and FPS at high high high numbers. I was just making the joke ;)

Yep, its true about being able to see high fps/ refresh, and very interesting.
While the article won't nail down a number as its a complicated issue, it does mention equivalent for 200 plus even 900 plus I think it mentions... I just quoted the part of what a super refresh rate monitor can mean to a gamer, in terms of being better at the game.. and for that, seems the science is fairly complete.. and it means, not much.
Fun subject for sure.
So, yeah its good higher hz keep coming hopefully it will balance out with good color and rez and price, right now all these things are all over the place... Than again money gets you what you want, but holy moly can these babies get expensive.

It's not that your eye can see that fast, it's just that the monitor can refresh faster during fast motion or quickly panning from side to side so there is less blur. Less blur means you can pick out details easier.

These are for competition gaming Every little bit helps give you an edge.

They would be for competitive gaming if games could even hold a steady 240 FPS without extreme RAM overclocks. ; )

For all those people who say Resolution goes overboard: There's Framerate.

Now with 3x more no-scope headshots! Woooooo!

Seriously though... anything above 60 is lost on me. I've seen 120 + 144 and yeah it might be a little smoother but I don't get it. OTOH, I am not a "professional gamer"

Also to be clear my reply to you was a joke as well :)

It really helps me in racing game to run at 120Hz vs 60Hz.
I get visual cues and exact racing lines earlier/easier and I lap faster. So I race at 1440p 120Hz instead of UHD 60Hz.
FPS games are also smoother when turning with a refresh above 60Hz but I'm not bothered enough to run at lower res/higher Hz. I'll happily accept UHD 120Hz res once gfx cards are faster.
What I experience is not placebo.

This is pretty much bullshit. a 360hz refresh rate would be a MINIMUM refresh rate of 2.777777... ms per frame.

I don't see this happening.

Ok naysayers... I just did some CS demos on one of these screens with a side by side against a 60Hz screen. Interestingly enough, my overall performance was much better at both of the tasks - I'll write it up as a news post with a few more words than that.

@David_Schroth Did they happen to let you compare it to a 120hz and 240hz screen? Or just compare it to a 60hz screen?

Just curious. And I do not see this screen being able to maintain 360hz refresh for extended periods of time.

@David_Schroth Did they happen to let you compare it to a 120hz and 240hz screen? Or just compare it to a 60hz screen?

Just curious. And I do not see this screen being able to maintain 360hz refresh for extended periods of time.

For the actual gameplay, it was just 60 vs 360. I am so suspect that since I did the 60 first, I gained some skill by it not being the first time doing each task. They also had a demo on display of DOTA map scrolling and we could flip between comparing 60/144/240/360 on the two monitors there. There was a notable difference in text clarity on the 360 even compared to 240. I'm not sure if it would actually make a difference in actual gameplay though.

Become a Patron!
Back