NVIDIA Announcing High-End 7 nm GeForce GPUs at COMPUTEX 2020, Claims Analyst

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Please grab your nearest salt shaker. According to Raymond James analyst Chris Caso, NVIDIA is planning to release its first 7 nm "Ampere" GPUs next year. Data center models are supposedly being announced at GTC 2020 (and launching Q1 or Q2), while GeForce cards will debut at COMPUTEX Taipei 2020. Caso suggests these will be high-end models (e.g., RTX 3080 Ti, RTX 3080). It seems like it was just yesterday that the RTX 20-series was released, but apparently, NVIDIA had intended to release its Ampere products even earlier.

…NVIDIA's 7nm Ampere GPU has actually been delayed for a few months, but he did not give specific reasons for the 7nm GPU to come later, is the chip encountered problems or It is not known that NVIDIA has actively postponed it. In terms of performance, the new Ampere graphics card can be expected to achieve clock growth from 200MHz to 300MHz compared to the Turing architecture.

I can use some more performance for 1440p at 144hz (or even 165) if they don't overcharge even more then with the 20x series

Reactions: _k_
Hopefully you guys will test one of these when they come out .. and then give it to me when you're done

:sneaky:

These are going to be priced stupidly expensive... AMD hasn't put up enough of a fight to make them worried on the High End of the equation.

These are going to be priced stupidly expensive... AMD hasn't put up enough of a fight to make them worried on the High End of the equation.
Sad. . . .but true.

Time to start saving now. I'll likely get whatever x80ti comes out next and the one in my 4930k rig will get handed down to the 2600k rig. That'll likely be the last card that rig will run since CPU bottleneck has finally become an issue in the last year or so. It's been a good run though. Nearly ten years.

Big grain of salt, that maybe the plan or hope from Nvidia - If Ampere comes out for the data center Q1, announced soon then that will be great!

AMD looks like at a 1 year pace for GPU's except already late late with Navi with big Navi missing - most likely not enough capacity that AMD can grab for everything. AMD should also be using Samsung for something and not put all eggs in one basket with TSMC.

No grain of salt needed. This has been a known quantity for almost a year now. Based on past behavior and release schedules it would be harder to believe a rumor saying they weren't going to release something the first half of 2020.

I could see the enterprise offerings in either Q1 or Q2 but then the consumer line around Q3 or Q4. That would keep close to the normal 2 year cycle.

I could see the enterprise offerings in either Q1 or Q2 but then the consumer line around Q3 or Q4. That would keep close to the normal 2 year cycle.

I'd put good money on them releasing it along with or slightly before Cyberpunk 2077.

Become a Patron!
Back