NVIDIA App Beta Unifies the NVIDIA Control Panel and GeForce Experience

I've tried it, and what the heck nvidia? It is missing about 90% of the features of the control panel. How is this supposed to replace it? Like replacing a car with a scooter.

That's what I'm using too, but it's not on the same level as ShadowPlay, which incurs almost no performance penalty, takes frames right from the same framebuffer that is going from the GPU to the display, and has considerably better image quality (if memory serves correct, I haven't looked into this in years).
I did have some issues with afterburner but it was not related to performance loss or IQ. I could not tell while playing cyberpunk 2077 whether it was recording or not, and the recorded video IQ was visually lossless. (also huge, but I have enough free space)

I've tried it, and what the heck nvidia? It is missing about 90% of the features of the control panel. How is this supposed to replace it? Like replacing a car with a scooter.
I haven't done a one-to-one myself; I'm thinking that stuff like resolution and refresh rate are missing, but what else?

(I do those in the Windows controls)

I haven't done a one-to-one myself; I'm thinking that stuff like resolution and refresh rate are missing, but what else?

(I do those in the Windows controls)
All monitor settings, rotation, multimonitor settings, all of the video related settings, color correction etc.
The 3D settings is missing a ton too, look:

app.PNG
Compared to the control panel:
cpnel.png

OK, this is complete undistilled garbage, I'd not even call this pre-alpha.

Tried playing Cyberpunk 2077 with the app installed the game run at 1FPS, even the menus lagged, loading took 3x normal time. And it wasn't even recording or anything, merely running. Uninstalled it, the game runs normally again.

OK, this is complete undistilled garbage, I'd not even call this pre-alpha.

Tried playing Cyberpunk 2077 with the app installed the game run at 1FPS, even the menus lagged, loading took 3x normal time. And it wasn't even recording or anything, merely running. Uninstalled it, the game runs normally again.
I've had an ongoing issue (for several driver releases, prior to this control panel update) where the GPU would clock to 240MHz, essentially the idle speed. For anything that has in-engine rendered menus, everything will be slow to unplayable. On a side note, League of Legends will still get over 100FPS at 3840x1600 with the settings maxed while the GPU is running at 240MHz...

But anyway, I've had to tab out to Precision (probably Afterburner for others) and set the power limit back up, as for some reason it was stuck at 25% or whatever the minimum setting is. I've had this happen across many games now.

I've had an ongoing issue (for several driver releases, prior to this control panel update) where the GPU would clock to 240MHz, essentially the idle speed.
Mine does that occasionally as well. Or Windowed mode games won't get accelerated but Full Screen will - occasionally. Along with weird can't go to sleep issues - occasionally. Or GPU driver crashes when waking from sleep - occasionally.

Usually a reboot cleans things up for a while, but it seems like every other driver revision, these pop back up.

I've had an ongoing issue (for several driver releases, prior to this control panel update) where the GPU would clock to 240MHz, essentially the idle speed.
I haven't seen this happen in a while but have in the past with older games on newer flagship GPUs since the 2080 Ti. Really f-ing annoying and have usually gotten around by doing something stupid like turning on V-sync or enough of a DSR setting to force it.

I've had an ongoing issue (for several driver releases, prior to this control panel update) where the GPU would clock to 240MHz, essentially the idle speed. For anything that has in-engine rendered menus, everything will be slow to unplayable. On a side note, League of Legends will still get over 100FPS at 3840x1600 with the settings maxed while the GPU is running at 240MHz...

But anyway, I've had to tab out to Precision (probably Afterburner for others) and set the power limit back up, as for some reason it was stuck at 25% or whatever the minimum setting is. I've had this happen across many games now.
I never had any similar issue until I installed this app.

I never had any similar issue until I installed this app.
It's been a very recent thing, like in the last month and a half. Not quite sure what to make of it yet and thus don't really attribute it to Nvidia etc.

My laptop came with Win11. F*ck dat sh1t. I threw Win10 and Linux on there. My mom's laptop came with Win11. Same deal, I wiped and threw Win10 on there.
Honestly, once you get past the weird start menu, its not really all that different.

Honestly, once you get past the weird start menu, its not really all that different.
That's because most of the bad crap is already included in 10 already. I'm definitely not installing 11 willingly until they give me quick launch and small icons back. It took them two years to give back never combine. So maybe by 2025/10 they manage to include those options too.

Become a Patron!
Back