NVIDIA CES 2024 Announcements – Including GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series GPUs

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction CES 2024 is underway, and we are on the ground floor finding you all the latest, hottest news updates for launches. Today, NVIDIA is making many announcements, with AI at the forefront this year, you will see a lot of new software developments from NVIDIA in this area.  In addition, NVIDIA has some new GPU […]

See full article...

LOL, nvidia still can't stop with the false marketing. They compare to last gen stuff only so they can brag about fake uplift from DLSS3 instead of actual graphics performance.

AMD does it as well, current 7600 XT marketing hones in on the upgrade factor from previous generation GPUs.

It is in both their interests to convince people to upgrade from older generations.

Obviously, if you have an RTX 40 series already, you are not upgrading.

That US$1k 4080 Super is definite upgrade bait for those looking at the 'higher'-end. Between that and the 4070 Ti Super (?) 16GB card, AMDs whole top end is in trouble IMO.

I think the 4070 Ti Super is the best of these for those on a looser budget and in reality it's just a lower-end version of a 4080, same die as well, for the price that everyone wanted the 4080 to launch at. I think those who want the most punch for best value and haven't already updraged to a 40 series card should be on the lookout for it and I can't wait to see the reviews for it.

I like the 4080 Super but in comparison to a 4090 it doesn't impress me as much for the price. If you're coming from a 3070 or less and don't want to spend all the extra cash for even an MSRP 4090, if you could find one, then the 4080 Super is an okay choice and at least has a little more improvement over the original. Nothing wrong with the 4070 Super either but the one in the middle is the standout, imho. However, if on a really tight budget then the 4070 isn't the worst value either. I say this after experiencing close to the same with the mobile 4080 in my laptop which uses a similar die. You can do a lot with this card at 1440p.

What I'm ultimately wondering about is availability with any of these since those d***n scalpers are still making nuisances of themselves.

I think the 4070 Ti Super is the best of these for those on a looser budget and in reality it's just a lower-end version of a 4080, same die as well, for the price that everyone wanted the 4080 to launch at. I think those who want the most punch for best value and haven't already updraged to a 40 series card should be on the lookout for it and I can't wait to see the reviews for it.
I'm going to agree here - unless they're looking for significantly more performance for whatever reason, it's a good place to stop.

However, if on a really tight budget then the 4070 isn't the worst value either.
This is what I spec'd for a buddy last year. They were coming from a GTX970, so anything would have been an improvement, it's just that if you're not penny-pinching it doesn't make much sense to go lower, and with the outgoing price structure, it didn't really make sense to spend any more.

"4070 Ti Super" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Yep, I'm sure someone at MSI did a double take on doing a SUPRIM version for it as I did notice that was missing from MSI's earlier Super announcement, but I can't guarantee it won't show anyway. I sort of get why NV didn't call it a 4080 as how do you downgrade a pre-existing product name? Otherwise, I hate seeing a Ti Super branding.

I would have called it the 4070 Ultra instead of TI Super. They've used the Ultra branding before and then it doesn't end up with a double modifier.

MSI Suprim 4070 TI Super.

Hummm that doesn't look as bad as MSI 4070 TI Super Suprim.

I currently have a RTX 3070Ti, I was considering going for a RTX4070Ti down the line, Might as well get the Ti Super, but I'm afraid getting one at MSRP will be next to impossible.

I currently have a RTX 3070Ti, I was considering going for a RTX4070Ti down the line, Might as well get the Ti Super, but I'm afraid getting one at MSRP will be next to impossible.
With the AI rush in China it will not be easy. Preorder from a trusted vendor would be the best way to assure it but they all want scalper money and hype. FOMO is going to see markups at stores.

With the AI rush in China it will not be easy. Preorder from a trusted vendor would be the best way to assure it but they all want scalper money and hype. FOMO is going to see markups at stores.
Theres also the fact that there will only be 3rd party cards, no FE, I don't see any of them going to sell for msrp.

Become a Patron!
Back