NVIDIA Claims DLSS Improves Monster Hunter: World Framerates by Up to 50%

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Capcom's Monster Hunter: World is getting Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) on July 17th. While DLSS's reception has been lukewarm, NVIDIA suggests the AI technique is a huge boon for the action role-playing game, "accelerating framerates by up to 50%."

The company says 60 FPS was previously impossible at max settings with the high resolution texture pack installed. The RTX 2080 Ti would top out at 47 FPS, while the RTX 2060 or 2070 couldn't even hit 30 FPS at 4K. DLSS is expected to change all that.

To play Monster Hunter: World with DLSS, download and install our newest Game Ready Driver on any PC or laptop with a GeForce RTX GPU, download the new Monster Hunter: World game update on July 17th, and the free High Resolution Texture Pack if you have a GPU with 8GB or more of VRAM, enter the game’s Display options, set your resolution to Full Screen 2560x1440 or 3840x2160, and switch on “NVIDIA DLSS”.

Can't wait to see screenshots. Not hard to increase framerate if you just turn all the textures into mud. But hey, maybe they got it working here.

Depending on the implementation of DLSS it can drastically go different directions. I think most of us saw the mud in your face first integration in Metro Exodus but then after a couple of patches/driver updates it actually got pretty good in my opinion. HDR is still busted btw. Just finished doing a replay in 4k a couple of weeks ago and did extensive testing with RT and DLSS with it. Shadow of the Tomb Raider has had pretty good implementation with DLSS also. I'm about 2/3 thru a replay of that right now in 4k/HDR/RT/DLSS and, of course, stopping to tweak everything for comparisons along the way. I feel if I really just stop and stare I can see a decrease in quality but overall it seems pretty minimal and honestly it's pretty rare to spend time motionless in these games. With any movement and I truly can't tell the difference at 4k.

It's ironic that this game is getting the treatment this week when a couple of weeks back it was on sale at Steam. I almost got it then but held off. Now I'll regret it but hopefully it'll go on sale again soon. I'm a big Witcher fan and those trailers with Geralt do look pretty good.

Can't wait to see some screen shots and benches as well.

Become a Patron!
Back