NVIDIA Could Unveil GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series Graphics Cards at CES 2024

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
CES 2024 is only a couple of months off and NVIDIA is now rumored to unveil its next line of GeForce RTX SUPER graphics cards there. Rumors about the return of the RTX SUPER series have been popping up regularly for many weeks now with partial specifications for at least three different models. NVIDIA could unveil what would essentially be a refresh for some of its RTX 40 series as early as January 2024. This latest rumor comes via @kopite7kimi who has had a fairly reliable history of providing information about forthcoming NVIDIA product releases.

See full article...

So instead of at a normal cycle they are waiting for AMD to announce their next gen before they announce supers. Interesting.

I hope Intel can be a competitor so we see more realistic updates from Nvidia. It's clear AMD isn't effective enough.

So instead of at a normal cycle they are waiting for AMD to announce their next gen before they announce supers. Interesting.

I hope Intel can be a competitor so we see more realistic updates from Nvidia. It's clear AMD isn't effective enough.
AMD and nVidia always seem to play this cat and mouse game.

I am not counting on Intel being an nVidia competitor. I see Intel and AMD going after the bigger market of low and mid tier cards, and basically just leaving nVidia alone to chase the ultra high end niche.

AMD and nVidia always seem to play this cat and mouse game.

I am not counting on Intel being an nVidia competitor. I see Intel and AMD going after the bigger market of low and mid tier cards, and basically just leaving nVidia alone to chase the ultra high end niche.

Actually rumor says AMD may not be an nvidia competitor on the high end. Some leakers say it may come at a much later date, but some say AMD may forfeit the high end market completely.

Also, while I think intel should release cards that could go head to head with nvidia, I think the current situation is not that bad. I'd say for now they are the king of entry level cards offering the best price/performance in its class, more so, drivers are getting much better all the time and performace increaes of 50%+ are common in several titles.

Actually rumor says AMD may not be an nvidia competitor on the high end. Some leakers say it may come at a much later date, but some say AMD may forfeit the high end market completely.

Also, while I think intel should release cards that could go head to head with nvidia, I think the current situation is not that bad. I'd say for now they are the king of entry level cards offering the best price/performance in its class, more so, drivers are getting much better all the time and performace increaes of 50%+ are common in several titles.
AMD kind of did that (cede the high end) with Ryzen vs Intel, right? Zen 1 certainly didn't compete against high end intel. If giving up trying to compete against the X080 and X090 tiers allowed AMD to get ultra competitive at, say, the X060ti level that would be a good place for them to be in, especially if some success allowed them to start moving up the product tiers like Zen 2 and 3 did.

CES 2024 is only a couple of months off and NVIDIA is now rumored to unveil its next line of GeForce RTX SUPER graphics cards there. Rumors about the return of the RTX SUPER series have been popping up regularly for many weeks now with partial specifications for at least three different models. NVIDIA could unveil what would essentially be a refresh for some of its RTX 40 series as early as January 2024. This latest rumor comes via @kopite7kimi who has had a fairly reliable history of providing information about forthcoming NVIDIA product releases.

See full article...

I was certain there would be "refresh" cards when I saw the initial RTX 4080~RTX4070 when they were released. The specs difference is abysmal, also all of them are pretty much mem size/bandwith starved. So its only natural we are getting "supers".

Hopefully nvidia will get it right this time. And if the price is right, I might consider getting a RTX4070Ti Super

Last edited:
Intel Battlemage might be near high end vs this gen but probably not for whatever NV has at that time. I though some of the current gen did well at the lower segments.

AMD seems to still be doing well among the lower segments and is very competitive when it comes to raster but NV rules for RT, especially with the bonuses from DLSS. If they can advance their chiplet design far enough I believe they might gain a lot of ground in catching up to NV but its hard to say, but again, in terms of rasterization, they are very much toe-to-toe with NV. It's just all that extra sauce that NV has that pulls them ahead.

but some say AMD may forfeit the high end market completely.
Some would say they have long since exited that market. They didn't even really try to compete against the 3090 or 4090.

Become a Patron!
Back