NVIDIA Crushes AMD in Most-Searched Graphics Cards Rankings

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
There appears to be an overwhelming amount of interest geared toward NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards versus what AMD has to offer under its Radeon RX brand. According to a ranking of the most-searched graphics cards in 2022 compiled by hardware and gaming site Razzem, NVIDIA is the most sought-after brand in recent times, with options that include the GeForce RTX 3060 and GeForce RTX 3050 at the top of the list, both having garnered over a million searches. AMD doesn't appear until the tenth spot with the Radeon RX 6600, an older, RDNA 2 GPU that matches the GeForce RTX 3090 in price and managed to draw around 533,000 searches.

See full article...

When you know you know... and honestly Nvidia is so heavily marketed everyone knows about it. Where as if you want games that will port well from console (Yea I even hate saying it.) your best bet is AMD cards.

Honestly AMD is so invested if I streamed and built up a couple thousand followers I bet Nvidia would toss me a card to talk up it's streaming features over AMD.

Good thing I know my *** from my elbow and am able to decide what I need/want when it comes to a video card so I don't have to rely on recommendations built from people listening to advertising. The only thing I keep hearing about nVidia cards is RT this and RT that which shows so many people are still beholden to advertising. I don't care about RT and won't care about it for probably 2-3 more generations of cards when it's actually usable on low end to mainstream cards. Until then worrying about it is a waste of money for 95% of video card buying population. And outside of RT there's nothing in gaming that nVidia is leaps and bounds better at than AMD.

I'll stick to ignoring advertisements and doing my own research for what I need.

Where as if you want games that will port well from console (Yea I even hate saying it.) your best bet is AMD cards.
As much as that idea continues to make sense - have we really seen that play out in benchmarks yet?

I don't care about RT and won't care about it for probably 2-3 more generations of cards when it's actually usable on low end to mainstream cards.
RT is usable on mainstream cards. AMD mainstream cards, even.

Good thing I know my *** from my elbow and am able to decide what I need/want when it comes to a video card so I don't have to rely on recommendations built from people listening to advertising. The only thing I keep hearing about nVidia cards is RT this and RT that which shows so many people are still beholden to advertising. I don't care about RT and won't care about it for probably 2-3 more generations of cards when it's actually usable on low end to mainstream cards. Until then worrying about it is a waste of money for 95% of video card buying population. And outside of RT there's nothing in gaming that nVidia is leaps and bounds better at than AMD.

I'll stick to ignoring advertisements and doing my own research for what I need.
I do care about RT and use it on games that support it and is the main reason (DLSS being second) I went nvidia over AMD.

Like it or not, brand recognition is a thing. Most people who don't know much or anything about computers have heard of NVIDIA and Intel. Fewer of them have heard of AMD for either CPU's or graphics cards. AMD's reputation for the latter if known, isn't as stellar. It's often seen as the company that makes cards that aren't as fast as their NVIDIA counterparts. We all know it's not quite that simple, but to some extent its definitely true.

I'm all about RT and will totally admit that it's not always implemented well but when it is I can tell the difference in gaming (screenshots not so much but when you're walking around light sources it becomes pretty obvious). I honestly believe that aside from the vapor chamber issue, the 7900 XTX is a great card and I'm hoping they go all-out with a 2nd gen chiplet design for the next flagship card. Sadly though, I've been using NVIDIA cards for almost 10 years now because I am willing to spend the money for the fastest thing and AMD just isn't there yet, but I really want them to be.

On the other hand and more back on topic, there's is some pretty simple math for this. NVIDIA tends to have about 6-12 cards per gen which means a lot more market share/coverage vs AMD with maybe 4-6 per gen. I'm just pulling those #s off the top of my head, and trying to include refreshes, but it sure seems like NVIDIA releases a lot more cards per gen. Case in point, right now they've got the 4090, 4080, 4070 Ti, along with 4070 and 4060 Ti leaks already happening. Meanwhile, AMD has the 7900 XT and XTX and barely even a peep about what will succeed them outside of hopeful refresh rumors. We're all pretty sure there will be something between 7500-7900 but it's hard to search when there are hardly even rumors let alone official announcements for them.

Become a Patron!
Back