NVIDIA DLSS Getting “Ultra Quality” Mode

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-dlss-rainbow-six-siege-dlss-off-versus-dlss-on-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA’s deep learning super sampling technology, DLSS, currently features four modes: Ultra Performance, Performance, Balanced, and Quality. Unreal Engine 5 documentation has revealed that NVIDIA will be adding a fifth mode called Ultra Quality, which, as the name implies, provides the highest image quality possible. The input resolution and scale factor of NVIDIA’s DLSS Ultra Quality mode is unknown, but the input resolution and scale factor of Quality mode is 66.6 percent and 1.50x, respectively. NVIDIA’s new DLSS Ultra Quality mode is believed to be a response to AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution’s Ultra Quality setting...

Continue reading...

I knew NVIDIA would fight back in some way, they aint gonna let AMD off easy

I do like the idea of an even higher quality mode than exists now, very nice

I wonder, will it work on games already released though? Or will they all need game patch updates

I knew NVIDIA would fight back in some way, they aint gonna let AMD off easy

I do like the idea of an even higher quality mode than exists now, very nice

I wonder, will it work on games already released though? Or will they all need game patch updates
Yep, here's hoping it's something that can be directly activated/added in the API and games with 2.0 will just 'see' in when users go to their settings.

Isn't the true "Ultra" mode just to run without DLSS? I've only seen DLSS used once on Cyberpunk and a few other games on a friend of a friend's 3090 and... it kind of looked like junk with weird artifacts.

Isn't the true "Ultra" mode just to run without DLSS? I've only seen DLSS used once on Cyberpunk and a few other games on a friend of a friend's 3090 and... it kind of looked like junk with weird artifacts.
I've done a ton of testing with it on different displays and resolutions from 1080p/1400p/4K, RT on/off, G-Sync/V-Sync, anything from 60 FPS to 200 FPS, including some UW variants such as 5120x1440 and 2560x1080 for the games that support it. All I can really say is that it depends. On my larger 65" t.v.s if I'm up close to them I can really notice but when 5-6 feet back, not so much unless I'm using the lower quality settings that I really don't recommend unless you have to. On monitors where I'm usually within a couple of feet the resolution and various settings really play a larger factor. With CP 2077 there have been times I thought there were artifacts introduced, and there were, but even when I turned it off a number remained proving there's more to that than just DLSS. I've seen it with some other games too.

Just to add that I've seen similar weird stuff with Metro Exodus.

I'm prepping a post in this right now: https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...ghosting-in-certain-games-dlss-2-2-10-spotted

edit: I forgot to metion the other game I've seen a lot of artifacts in is Control. At moments it's pretty extreme, walls, elevators, etc.

Become a Patron!
Back