NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER FE Overclocking

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction

Last year, we wrote an overclocking article about the GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER FE capabilities and in the interim, we’ve realized that it’s about time for us to work our way through the current generation of video cards on the market and do an overclocking article on each so you can see how much headroom each card will have and what performance gains you can expect. Last week, in case you missed it, we published the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE Overclocking article. These overclocking articles will also serve as a basis for our comparison to retail cards as we strap them to the test bench over the next few months...

Continue reading...

Thanks for the hard work for the review!

I've mostly had a similar experience with my EVGA RTX 2080 Super. Got it on a black Friday deal for $750. It's been a great 1440p card and at that resolution I can usually keep most settings at Ultra, including ray tracing w/ DLSS, and get around 60 fps for demanding games. Drop some settings and 60+ is usually easy. Less demanding games hurtle to 120 or over 144 fps in 1440p. I totally recommend them for anyone who doesn't want to shell out the money for a 2080TI while getting similar performance in the 1440p arena that the 2080TI does in 4k. My only complaint is they should have increased the Vram. 8GB is mostly fine at 1440p but I have seen some games get really close to it using ultra settings. Other than that I think they're great for those a bit less concerned with value seeking more performance.

Become a Patron!
Back