NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 GPUs Could Be Impossible to Find until 2021

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-side-power-connector-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Interested in getting your hands on a GeForce RTX 3080 this month? Don’t get your hopes up. According to TweakTown’s sources, the supply of RTX 30 Series graphics cards will be tight. Very tight. Absurdly tight, even, as one source suggests that NVIDIA’s GPUs won’t reach normal stock levels until next year.

This scenario seems plausible based on the reactions we’ve seen to the RTX 30 Series thus far. Many NVIDIA fans have already expressed their desire to upgrade – particularly those who have remained loyal to the Pascal generation (e.g., GeForce GTX 1080 Ti). Samsung’s 8 nm yields may also be an issue.

“…there is one story I wanted to sit down and...

Continue reading...

This is the perfect article to let vendors leverage the price as high as they want for the product. Just order through nvidia's page...

But like the last iteration.... beware space invaders! The last real hurrah of HardOCP investigation.

This could be a marketing ploy to get consumers to buy before AMD releases theirs and consumers could compare. Didn't Intel pull this crap about supply issues despite no major OEM or retail outlet complaining about a lack of chips? Supply chains have been disrupted long enough for Nvidia to have planned around it. Unless everyone is just rushing launches to appease shareholders with the latest and greatest.

What is going to be impossible to find will be the new AMD cards if mining becomes a thing again.

Good for GPU makers who make money. Bad for gamers that want the New Hotness.

Good for GPU makers who make money. Bad for gamers that want the New Hotness.
Mining is bad for everyone in the long term. It's using resources with no actual valuable product created, basically just creating monopoly money. It's the definition of insanity. People accuse corporations of not looking at the greater good, just short term profits. But mining has shown that individuals can be even worse at disregarding anything but profit.

Given the new state of GDDR6X, I could very well believe availability issues based on early / new supply lines for the memory chips. A mostly paper release just like the 1080 was

I am in no rush. Yeah these things may be faster but it isn't like I am dealing with a painful gaming experience right now.
So many people in a rush to get something that can beat a 2080 Ti cheap but, meanwhile, those of us with one can sit back and not be in a rush. Nor am I hurt in having gotten it in the first place. It's hard to find someone complain about what they get with a x80 Ti card, even when it costs an arm and a leg.

Had a online friend tell me they were looking to get a 3080. I just told them to wait. 1. Availability will be crap for a while and prices are likely to be marked up unless you buy a FE from Nvidia. 2. AMD has yet to announce their competition. this could lead to a shift in market of announced cards and some price/model adjustments in order to keep AMD a firm second tier video card solution.

He is going to hold off... I hope everyone gives this advice and many take it. Letting some competition drive the market will be good. Unless of course AMD can't touch 3080 performance levels... then we might see a price increase because of 'supply constraints'.

Its going to be a mad dash to get an order in, in time, on the 17th.
I wasnt going to pre-order after the 2080ti problems but something tells me they learned from that and have the nous to prevent it happening this time.
I pity those without time on their hands when ordering starts.

He is going to hold off... I hope everyone gives this advice and many take it. Letting some competition drive the market will be good. Unless of course AMD can't touch 3080 performance levels... then we might see a price increase because of 'supply constraints'.
I think even if they can match 3080 performance they won't be able to undercut the price. Unfortunately I'm locked in to nvidia for the moment, but strong AMD competition could benefit me still.

Had a online friend tell me they were looking to get a 3080. I just told them to wait. 1. Availability will be crap for a while and prices are likely to be marked up unless you buy a FE from Nvidia. 2. AMD has yet to announce their competition. this could lead to a shift in market of announced cards and some price/model adjustments in order to keep AMD a firm second tier video card solution.

Sound advice. I'm in no hurry myself. Looking at the Aorus cards that probably won't be available for a while. I usually like to let things sort themselves out before buying.

Sound advice. I'm in no hurry myself. Looking at the Aorus cards that probably won't be available for a while. I usually like to let things sort themselves out before buying.
Agreed. As much hype as I have I am going to be patient this time around.

Become a Patron!
Back