NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 US Retail Prices Leaked: Up to 56 Percent Higher Than MSRP

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
msi-geforce-rtx-3060-gaming-x-gpu-box-1024x576.jpg
Image: MSI

NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3060 graphics cards will cost quite a bit more than the $329 price point that green team had intended them to be sold at. The disappointing news comes from Coreteks, who leaked a handful of photos taken at an undisclosed retailer revealing the prices of various GeForce RTX 3060 models from ASUS, MSI, and ZOTAC.

The most expensive model is MSI’s GAMING X at $514.99, followed by the ASUS ROG Strix and ZOTAC GAMING Twin Edge at $499.99. The “cheapest” models are the ASUS TUF and MSI VENTUS 2X, which cost $489.99 and $484.99, respectively. Here’s the list that Coreteks provided:

MSI GAMING X: $514.99MSI VENTUS 2X: $484.99ZOTAC GAMING Twin Edge: $499.99ASUS ROG Strix: $499.99ASUS TUF: $489.99

“Probably the most anticipated GPU of the year – especially for NVidia fans...

Continue reading...

$500 for a mid-range card? No thank you. I was going to attempt to get one Thursday morning until I saw this article.

Yea I'm not surprised. Between tariffs and sjit availability everyone is shooting to get a piece of the pie.

If Nvidia was really for the gamers they would be cracking down on these retailers that are price gouging.

I stopped at the KC Microcenter yesterday. The shelves for video cards was wiped out, ram was scarce, but they had plenty of processors and everything else they normally carry.

Most of the line that was waiting for the store to open went away empty handed, unless they wanted a cpu.

Never in all my years have I seen this crap. I'll save my money for better times, or get a new hobby. GPU's are the new toilet paper, I'm about to get a bidet

Yup my MC (Richardson TX) has the 3060 for $489 and up. No thanks

If Nvidia was really for the gamers they would be cracking down on these retailers that are price gouging.
I'd be willing to bet (not much) that they've considered a number of approaches to do just that, and haven't found a workable solution.

The big issue is this: if the price were to be artificially lowered, stock would be even more scarce. High retail prices at least give some a chance. At the prices that we're all used to for the level of performance improvement offered, none of us would even stand a chance at getting one from a retailer. We'd only be able to get them from 'scalpers', and only at whatever price they dictate. The scalpers would make the margins, and the retailers (and Nvidia) wouldn't get anything for the value they're providing.

Now, I doubt Nvidia (or anyone else!) will be in a hurry to 'correct' pricing when availability issues ease, high pricing works in their favor, but as I've said elsewhere Nvidia would be leaving money on the table if they weren't trying to address availability.

I'd be willing to bet (not much) that they've considered a number of approaches to do just that, and haven't found a workable solution.
NVidia’s answer was to divorce away from retail sales entirely — they just dumped off their own sales channel to Best Buy and washed their hands of the distribution issues.

nVidia isn’t going to provide any solutions to the retail issues. They are focused on production, and marketing, and pumping their stock price.

nVidia isn’t going to provide any solutions to the retail issues.
On second thought, I think you're probably right.

I imagined that they would be worried about cards not actually getting into gamers' hands. That breaks a lot of community expectations all around, because a lack of hardware will reduce the chances that game developers are willing to take and so on.

Thing is, while I'm probably right to some degree, it's also probably not a big enough problem to make a difference.

Let's just put our tin-foil hats on and claim that all of these "supply" issues on the graphics card front is being championed and funded by Microsoft and Sony. They're the ones to make out the most of PC Gaming dies. Can't build a Gaming PC, go ahead and get yourself a console and game it up! /s

Become a Patron!
Back