NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition Review

Sorry, I'm not trying to be an ***, but on the review page it says

Where bolded is the link.
The review in the link isnt the FE, its the Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC.

It would be better to forward the 3090 FE link to NVidias site for now (until you do your review) and add another link in your 3080Ti review for the Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC card comparison.

My humble opinion :)

Your opinion is noted.

IIRC, they (including JHH himself broadcasting from his 'kitchen') did point out that the 3090 was more or less for content creation and ultimate gaming.

The biggest issue is that 10GB or 12GB might only be enough for a bit longer, and well, some of us still own GTX970s ;)

I'm gonna take a wild guess, majority of gamers are making due with 8GB....and will for a few more years.

Man I just don't know, 10% performance improvement at 70% more cost over a 3080? I'm not sure I get Nvidia's pricing strategy there.

Agreed, and I will point out the 3090 was the same way, and worse even with its higher price. Not an excuse and prices are out of whack, but I understand why NVIDIA can charge that much in this market.

2.799€ for a ROG strix 2080 Ti over here, it's nut's, but they do have stock (for now anyways)

Why do people keep saying that 10GB is not enough ram? I've seen ZERO evidence to support that even at 4K.
The RTX3080 mostly beats the RX3800XT at 4k where the extra ram should make a difference.
Heck the RTX3070 "only has" 8gb but easily matches the RTX2080Ti with 11gb.

Besides DLSS make it even less of an issue.
Running low on vram doesn't necessarily affect the fps, at least not significantly, but it certainly does the gaming experience.

It's a cash grab pure and simple. Kind of a low moment for Nvidia pr wise but they know as long as the next card has a awesome performance delta nobody will care.

It's a cash grab pure and simple. Kind of a low moment for Nvidia pr wise but they know as long as the next card has a awesome performance delta nobody will care.
Doesn't necessarily have to have an awesome performance delta. Make a card that performs even as well as the last generation, but have tons of supply and it'll be a huge hit. That is how sad the market has gotten these days.

I thought they were making more 1080's. Anyone seen anything of the last gens for purchase anywhere?

A buddy of mine snagged a 3080ti (evga maybe) from Microcenter yesterday morning... 2 grand. I was like.... alrighty then. I don't want one THAT badly.

Agreed, and I will point out the 3090 was the same way, and worse even with its higher price. Not an excuse and prices are out of whack, but I understand why NVIDIA can charge that much in this market.

I didn't mind the 3090 quite as much because it's not just a gamers card and is more like a productivity card with an ton of RAM so with the 3090, while still too expensive at launch, at least offered something for the higher price. The 3080 Ti doesn't seem to offer anything over a 3080 except 8-10% more performance at 70% more price.

But you're right, nothing really makes sense in this market anymore. And I guess it doesn't matter in the end cause it's not like anybody can go out and buy one anyway.

I didn't mind the 3090 quite as much because it's not just a gamers card and is more like a productivity card with an ton of RAM so with the 3090, while still too expensive at launch, at least offered something for the higher price. The 3080 Ti doesn't seem to offer anything over a 3080 except 8-10% more performance at 70% more price.

But you're right, nothing really makes sense in this market anymore. And I guess it doesn't matter in the end cause it's not like anybody can go out and buy one anyway.
Thing is the RTX3080Ti is pretty much a 3090 with "only 12GB of ram" So the asking price doesn't look that bad to me. But I guess nvidia did want to take advantage of the current market.

The RTX3070Ti is what I would get if at all possible. It seems it will come pretty close to the 3080 for just "$100" bucks (in a dreamworld)
Reminds me of the GTX1070Ti which came at a striking distance to a GTX1080 when OC.

Finally someone smart enough to include both DLSS on and off on the same graph when the games provides this feature. Thanks Brent

Also with Rebar on which for games coming out, newer updated games should be an overall more positive option to use.

I have a Gigabyte Eagle RTX 3080 Ti coming from NewEgg, supposed to be here Wednesday now from previous Monday estimate. See how she stacks up to these in a Ryzen 5800x machine as well.

I have a Gigabyte Eagle RTX 3080 Ti coming from NewEgg, supposed to be here Wednesday now from previous Monday estimate. See how she stacks up to these in a Ryzen 5800x machine as well.

Nice score Noko

At $1000 it makes sense. At $1200 it's stupid. At whatever the scalpers will be charge, no frickin way.

Become a Patron!
Back