NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series Graphics Cards Expected to Launch Sooner than Expected, Will Be Built on TSMC’s 5-Nanometer Process

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-30-series-graphics-cards-lined-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA has relied on Samsung to build its GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs, but those ties are being cut for green team’s next exciting generation of graphics cards.

This is according to prominent leaker kopite7kimi, who has confidently stated that NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 40 Series will leverage an advanced process from the world’s most successful semiconductor foundry, TSMC. The GeForce RTX 40 Series is expected to be built on TSMC’s 5-nanometer process.

What’s also interesting is that NVIDIA will reportedly release its first GeForce RTX 40 Series graphics cards sooner than expected. Kopite7kimi claims that Ampere’s successors will “come out a little bit earlier,” which suggests that the GeForce RTX 40 Series might surface before September 2022. (NVIDIA began shipping its first GeForce RTX 20 Series and GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics...

Continue reading...

Hmm..

4000 series and 3090 Ti Super Special Edition both within a month or two of each other?

Nah...

Tip for Nvidia - stockpile for 6 months prior to release. In the mean time, rake in the cash from the 3k series.

So, when was it expected to be expected and when to we expect to expect it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its just that the date rumor is rumoured different than the initial rumor.
These rumors and rumoring can be anything really.
One thing is not a rumor, it will be fast, overpriced and unavailable.

Looking forward to it. Maybe I can run full everything at 144hz at 1440p. Without any kind of reverse lowering the image resolution bullshit required.

Looking forward to it. Maybe I can run full everything at 144hz at 1440p. Without any kind of reverse lowering the image resolution bullshit required.
Depends on the game right?
I always expect AAA titles that are released after the launch of a new GPU series to challenge the hardware, sometimes bringing it to it's knees.
Part of the fun isnt it? :)

Depends on the game right?
I always expect AAA titles that are released after the launch of a new GPU series to challenge the hardware, sometimes bringing it to it's knees.
Part of the fun isnt it? :)
Yes it is. I normally get 1 step down from top of the line video card card I refresh just so I don't pay the stupid high premium. Hence why I also game at 1440p. Then again in super slow on upgrading monitors.

I can only barely even imagine how pointless this next release will be. Sure the performance will be through the roof but I honestly don't see an end to scalping until people can easily buy what they want and according to NV the current supply issues will last until this 'sooner than expected' launch and I'm pretty sure even longer.

My real questions are where are all these cards going? Between the mining crackdown in China, and the LHR versions, shouldn't we be seeing more inventory? Granted the LHRs can be hacked but even then it's not that impressive when done. So once again, where is all this supposed inventory going?

Meanwhile BB had something like 12,000 cards(mostly FE from what I read) they sent to select stores last week as if 12,000 spread across the US should be anything meaningful. That's not enough for one state let alone multiple ones. I was reading a post in a thread on the weekend how a writer for Tom's went to one of the stores in Colorado and said the folks in those lines didn't exactly seem to be the gaming variety either. Obviously shouldn't judge a book by its cover but he said they looked pretty rough around the edges and not exactly the types who would answer questions on what they planned to do with the cards.

My real questions are where are all these cards going? Between the mining crackdown in China, and the LHR versions, shouldn't we be seeing more inventory? Granted the LHRs can be hacked but even then it's not that impressive when done. So once again, where is all this supposed inventory going?
I've got a news article for you ;)

Basically, if 1 mining company is willing to buy 500,000 cards 4-5 years ago, before the crypto boom, then you better believe they are willing to buy 1m+ cards now.

Since LHR cards can still be used for alt coins, I have no doubt the miners are still buying them up like mad. When Nvidia really figures how to limit mining to force miners to pay triple for their cards, then we will see inventory again. Right now, miners get the bulk of the supply, which in turn limits quantity available to the public. This allows the scalpers to scoop up the remaining inventory and sell the cards for 800-2500 depending on card type.

MSRP will continue to be a myth (and shouldn't even be used in real discussion) until the above supply situation is resolved.

Cost = 1 kidney or your first born. Available for purchase in 99 years.

I was reading a post in a thread on the weekend how a writer for Tom's went to one of the stores in Colorado and said the folks in those lines didn't exactly seem to be the gaming variety either. Obviously shouldn't judge a book by its cover but he said they looked pretty rough around the edges and not exactly the types who would answer questions on what they planned to do with the cards.
Much as I've thought about it, I don't see a means for vendors to limit sales to consumers, let alone 'gamers'. The only thing that separates miners from other consumers is how much they want the cards, and how much they're willing to pay.

Much as I've thought about it, I don't see a means for vendors to limit sales to consumers, let alone 'gamers'. The only thing that separates miners from other consumers is how much they want the cards, and how much they're willing to pay.

The issue is not who buy's them as long as they can meet demand.

They could also make cards that are better suited for mining making the gaming ones less desirable

The issue is not who buy's them as long as they can meet demand.

They could also make cards that are better suited for mining making the gaming ones less desirable
The problem is there is basically infinite demand from miners. Not only do they make money using the cards , but if they buy enough of them they can start to corner the “hash” market and keep an edge on payouts. Even if NVidia / AMD make more desirable mining cards, the miners will buy those and the gaming cards too. The only solution is to make the cards mine terribly (good luck detecting all the alt coins) or raise the price so much that miners don’t buy them given the long RoI.

Become a Patron!
Back