NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series Graphics Cards Are Rumored to Release in Stages throughout January 2024

I will buy a new case when I **** well please, and when I found something that I think is better than my current one. I'll certainly not buy a worse case just to accommodate an oversized video card.

I will buy a new case when I **** well please, and when I found something that I think is better than my current one. I'll certainly not buy a worse case just to accommodate an oversized video card.
Man you reacted exactly as I expected :p :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , but hey chill out, why does it have to be a worse case? there are bazzilion of case choices, I'm sure you can find a better one or at least one as good. I had to get a new case to fit my RTX3070Ti, my older case couldn't fit it for less than half a centimeter. I even cosidered cutting it.

The new one barely fits, but for my next upgrade if the card doesn't fit I'll just get a new case.

Man you reacted exactly as I expected :p :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , but hey chill out, why does it have to be a worse case? there are bazzilion of case choices, I'm sure you can find a better one or at least one as good. I had to get a new case to fit my RTX3070Ti, my older case couldn't fit it for less than half a centimeter. I even cosidered cutting it.

The new one barely fits, but for my next upgrade if the card doesn't fit I'll just get a new case.
I've seen that you were fishing so I gave you exactly what you wanted. I thought you'd be happy :p I'm completely chill.
I used to replace my cases every 1-2 years, there is a reason the current one is 4 years old now. If I've seen something better I'd have already replaced it. I don't need a reason to replace my case, I do it when something pops up that I like. It's not my fault that case manufacturers are unimaginative and rinse and repeat the same tired designs.

I tend to hold onto cases for a long time as well but also try to plan my purchases according to the trends I'm noticing. The NZXT H7 Flow is probably about as small as I'm ever going to go with since aside from fitting a GPU I've now seen how thermals can become more of an issue with smaller cases. It's almost hilarious how much easier it is to keep stuff cooler in my HAF 932 compared to it but I do love the smaller size and look. The HAF 932 looks like something a space marine dropped off right before getting snuffed by a Xenomorph.

Sorry HAF X not HAF 932. They look mostly the same but the HAF X can house a 360 AIO in the top.

I've seen that you were fishing so I gave you exactly what you wanted. I thought you'd be happy :p I'm completely chill.
I used to replace my cases every 1-2 years, there is a reason the current one is 4 years old now. If I've seen something better I'd have already replaced it. I don't need a reason to replace my case, I do it when something pops up that I like. It's not my fault that case manufacturers are unimaginative and rinse and repeat the same tired designs.

I can see your point, I used a lot of different cases the last few years and I must say a bunch of them were meh at best, my Fractal Design Define R6 was probably one of the better ones, my 011 XL is not bad but the manual is crap and if like me you have a bunch of 2.5 inch drives it get's real crowded real fast and I kinda mounted them improvised as I could not figure out how to do it properly with that pos manual.

I did get rid of a bunch of them as I sold some of my old systems.

I must say that if you build like a basic system in them with only NVMe drives and a reasonable GPU they will be mostly fine,

Some of the ones I used and think to be meh are the Carbide 678C, Phanteks P400a, the regular 011 and an NZXT matx case

I really coudln't care less about case looks, as long as it fits everything inside, I'm cool. Oh and the less RGB the better. Heck one of my setups doesn't even have a case.

I can see your point, I used a lot of different cases the last few years and I must say a bunch of them were meh at best
I like to experiment with quirky and different cases. Some I bought just for kicks and never really used them as permanent builds.

I think I owned more than 10 cases between 2010 and 2020. All did something different or exciting that caught my eye.
Sharkoon Rebel 12, Aerocool M40, Silverstone Raven RV03, CM HAF 935, CM Masterbox Q300L, Fractal Design Node 304, Pointofview M2-Station, Shuttle SX79R5, Thermaltake Bach, LC Power LC-1403Wmi. And my current main rig case: Silverstone Fortress FT05.

But my latest purchase is from 2019, nothing caught my eye since then, all boring bland samey designs everywhere I look.

Become a Patron!
Back