NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER Founders Edition Video Card Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series SUPER refresh GPUs were announced at CES 2024, early this January. The GeForce RTX 40 Series SUPER series consists of three new video cards in NVIDIA’s lineup, the GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER, GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER, and GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER. We detailed this launch in our NVIDIA CES […]

See full article...

I can't wait for the 4070 Ti SUPER review. I may hate the name but I think that, at least on paper, it looks like a great performance/value card, that is if one can get it anywhere close to MSRP. However, this card isn't too shabby either but like the review shows the RX7800XT gives it a run for the money but also costs less.

Got an Asus 4070 Super DUAL version incoming for the Kiddo.

Will be interesting to see how it does on his 5800x3d with DDR4-3600 RAM in an MSI B350 Tomahawk which has been upgraded in place since his Ryzen 5 1600x.

Got an Asus 4070 Super DUAL version incoming for the Kiddo.

Will be interesting to see how it does on his 5800x3d with DDR4-3600 RAM in an MSI B350 Tomahawk which has been upgraded in place since his Ryzen 5 1600x.
That says a lot about AMDs design and engineering to have one of their most.advanced CPUs running stably on an older motherboard from a First gen am4 socket.

That says a lot about AMDs design and engineering to have one of their most.advanced CPUs running stably on an older motherboard from a First gen am4 socket.

Yep.

As long as you don't need Gen4 PCIe (which for gaming, you really don't) the MSI B350 Tomahawk is a real trooper.

In an era of increasingly expensive motherboards, it was $130 when new (I believe, I think that is what I paid for it) and it has just continued to kick ***. Very happy with that motherboard.

MSI technically lists the BIOS required in order to run the X3D chips as a perpetual beta BIOS, but in my stress testing it has been rock solid.

This Techreport writeup is what gave me the confidence to go-ahead and give it a try:.

While motherboards usually don't have a huge impact on performance, it is interesting to see that the old B350 Tomahawk is often among the better performers in their test, even better than the actual X570 in many cases.

Last edited:
Yep.

As long as you don't need Gen4 PCIe (which for gaming, you really don't) the MSI B350 Tomahawk is a real trooper.

In an era of increasingly expensive motherboards, it was $130 when new (I believe, I think that is what I paid for it) and it has just continued to kick ***. Very happy with that motherboard.

MSI technically lists the BIOS required in order to run the X3D chips as a perpetual beta BIOS, but in my stress testing it has been rock solid.

This Techreport writeup is what gave me the confidence to go-ahead and give it a try:.

While motherboards usually don't have a huge impact on performance, it is interesting to see that the old B350 Tomahawk is often among the better performers in their test, even better than the actual X570 in many cases.
Techreport? those guys still alive? ooh techspot, that makes more sense.

Techreport? those guys still alive? ooh techspot, that makes more sense.
That was just a brain fart, but apparently Techreport is still around, but they were sold in 2019 and topics covered are very different now.

Comes across as some sort of AI generated crypto-bro pump-and-dump garbage now to me.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back