NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 3DMark TimeSpy Scores Leak Out, Around 35% Slower Performance Than GeForce RTX 4090

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
3DMark TimeSpy scores for the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 have surfaced courtesy of MEGAsizeGPU, teasing how the $1,199 graphics card (now only available in a 16 GB memory configuration) might compare to its bigger, $1,599 sibling.

See full article...

Seen leaked prices for Europe, Asus strix model 2.129€ most seem around the 1.800-2.000€ range

Some other store had them more atround the 1.700€ ish range but I don't recognize any of them.

I should have waited for a 3080ti or gone with a 3090 but alas.

Seen leaked prices for Europe, Asus strix model 2.129€ most seem around the 1.800-2.000€ range

Some other store had them more atround the 1.700€ ish range but I don't recognize any of them.

I'm continually saddened by the prices you have to deal with.

TBF the 3090 still doesn't look that bad now. I could snatch a 3090 right now for less than 40% the price of a 4090. I'm really on the fence about it.

The 3090 is €1000, while the 4090 is €2500. I know it is faster, but not by 2.5 times!

TBF the 3090 still doesn't look that bad now. I could snatch a 3090 right now for less than 40% the price of a 4090. I'm really on the fence about it.

The 3090 is €1000, while the 4090 is €2500. I know it is faster, but not by 2.5 times!
And it isn't melting cables (that we know of)

I'm continually saddened by the prices you have to deal with.
Now boosted by hyper inflation the average monthly salary in my country is worth about €600. Because we refused to join the euro zone so the western investors (mostly car companies Audi, Mercedes, BMW etc.) can exploit exchange rates for their benefit. Since the war started our currency lost 30% of it's value compared to € and even worse compared to $, thanks to our "dear leader" being all the way up putin's bunghole.

So 4 months slave labor for a video card, crazy. We didn't have it this bad when we came off of communism in the 90s.

Now boosted by hyper inflation the average monthly salary in my country is worth about €600. Because we refused to join the euro zone so the western investors (mostly car companies Audi, Mercedes, BMW etc.) can exploit exchange rates for their benefit. Since the war started our currency lost 30% of it's value compared to € and even worse compared to $, thanks to our "dear leader" being all the way up putin's bunghole.

So 4 months slave labor for a video card, crazy. We didn't have it this bad when we came off of communism in the 90s.
Wow that's crazy... very crazy. And I thought inflation was bad in the US.

Wow that's crazy... very crazy. And I thought inflation was bad in the US.
We're not even really feeling it yet over here. On the upside, once these shenanigans run their course, pretty much every economy in the world except Russia's is primed to explode in a rebound.

For what it's worth the 3090 is still a solid card for 4K gaming if using DLSS for RT or some other compromises. At 1440p it can easily do many things at max settings with high FPS. If you don't care about RT/DLSS I'd recommend a 6800/6900 XT if the price is right.

For what it's worth the 3090 is still a solid card for 4K gaming if using DLSS for RT or some other compromises. At 1440p it can easily do many things at max settings with high FPS. If you don't care about RT/DLSS I'd recommend a 6800/6900 XT if the price is right.
TBF, I'm perfectly fine with my 2080Ti for the time being, I could still play everything in a satisfactory quality so far. So buying anything would be pure excess on my part.

The only game where I said yes this is unplayable was Cyberpunk 2077 on psycho RT setting.

TBF, I'm perfectly fine with my 2080Ti for the time being, I could still play everything in a satisfactory quality so far. So buying anything would be pure excess on my part.

The only game where I said yes this is unplayable was Cyberpunk 2077 on psycho RT setting.
That's a great card. I've still got a Strix 2080 Ti OC edition in the closet. It was the 1st card I switched to when I stopped using SLI.

I'm still rocking a 2080 Ti FE. It still plays everything acceptably well at 1440P. I have no justifiable reason to upgrade right now.....I just want to. :)

I'm still rocking a 2080 Ti FE. It still plays everything acceptably well at 1440P. I have no justifiable reason to upgrade right now.....I just want to. :)
A lot of people knocked Turing but it helped me get my foot in the door for some 4K gaming and, at the time, totally rocked 1440p. However, that was the beginning of me truly chasing the 4K dragon and then I went bonkers with Ampere cards and am now sitting this gen out to let my wallet rest for a bit.

The 3090 certainly hasn't lost any performance, but it's better to wait (even for a few months) than pay new gen prices for last gen hardware. On PC Part Picker the cheapest 3090 is $1200 and the cheapest 3090 Ti is almost $1500. They aren't worth it. That is not the way to clear out inventory. RDNA2 is actually looking pretty good at the new prices.

A lot of people knocked Turing but it helped me get my foot in the door for some 4K gaming and, at the time, totally rocked 1440p. However, that was the beginning of me truly chasing the 4K dragon and then I went bonkers with Ampere cards and am now sitting this gen out to let my wallet rest for a bit.

2080 Ti was the only Turing that had a reason to exist. The rest of the line was a sidegrade from Pascal at the prices Nvidia set.

What really sucks for us is that, with Lovelace being vaporware, there is no way AMD can ship enough 7900s to meet demand this year.

Become a Patron!
Back