NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 and 5080 Are Launching in Q4 2024, Board Partners Say

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The GeForce RTX 5090 and GeForce RTX 5080, NVIDIA's next rumored flagship gaming GPUs, will be launching before the end of this year, during the fourth quarter, according to board card manufacturers.

See full article...

That's surprising actually. Before 4th quarter. Interesting.

Every generation, the news I'm waiting for never comes: price reductions. Getting each card segment back into an appropriate price range. Where midrange cards actually have midrange prices, and flagship cards return to their old flagship prices (which were already bad enough). But of course this will never happen. One day midrange cards are gonna be $1500.

Every generation, the news I'm waiting for never comes: price reductions. Getting each card segment back into an appropriate price range. Where midrange cards actually have midrange prices, and flagship cards return to their old flagship prices (which were already bad enough). But of course this will never happen. One day midrange cards are gonna be $1500.
That's why I'm tapping out with the 4090. Prices are just getting ridiculous for the amount of gaming I do anymore.

They can launch in Q4 but that doesn't mean most of us will be able to find one at MSRP until 2025. The 5090 is likely going to be my last one.

I planned out my rig GPU rotation strategy years ago and it'll likely be the last piece. The 4080 Super is in the cave and doing well and that rig could eventually end up connected to a different type of lower-resolution non-4K display down the road to help prolong its usefulness. I think, given the current popularity of 2560x1600 16:10 displays with laptops, that we might see some similar monitor options down the road and I'd really like a 21:10 or 32:10 along those lines.

My current 4090 will replace the 3090 Ti Hybrid which will become a sort of historical piece as one of EVGAs final cards and its 2nd most powerful one as well. That rig could also end up with a non 4K display for the desktop but is also connected to a 65" LG C3 so those two ought to be an awesome pairing for a long while.

Meanwhile, a 5090 could eventually end up in a final build with a new AM5/760-790, or similar build but that comes down to prices and tech continuing to mature. It'll stay connected to the 42" C2 since I'm totally happy with it and the goal is to minimize/eliminate DLSS while using DLAA more. Plus I'm pretty sure that at that point the 5800X3D could become a more significant bottleneck point for a 5090.

Become a Patron!
Back