NVIDIA Releases Game Ready Driver 461.09, Includes Fixes for GeForce GTX 750 Ti and GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-game-ready-driver-icon-1024x577.jpg

NVIDIA has released its first Game Ready Driver of 2021. Version 461.09 is relatively low-key compared to the company’s other driver releases, which traditionally come with day-one support for new games, but the latest update does fix numerous issues that affect older GeForce graphics cards. These include the GeForce GTX 750 Ti and GeForce RTX 1080 Ti, the latter of which suffered from potential system freezes and/or flickering on the desktop. NVIDIA’s Game Ready Driver 461.09 also addresses incorrect black levels on LG OLED TVs when HDR is enabled.

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 461.09

Fixed Issues in this Release

[GeForce Experience]: The FPS counter is activated and the overlay appears on Windows Mail and Calendar applications.[200682565][GeForce...

Continue reading...

Wow to think in a few days I won't need to worry about these releases any longer. ;)

Having come from a 5700 XT, the driver was relatively solid for me in the games I played.. I don't think you're gonna have a problem, but the chance is always there.. :)

I've had fewer driver issues on my Polaris-based machines than I have my Maxwell based machine...

I've had fewer driver issues on my Polaris-based machines than I have my Maxwell based machine...

Neither company is guilt free on releasing crap drivers. I've seen Nvidia drivers throw systems into bluescreen loops to where they have to restore a previously known good version to get back up and operational. And I've seen AMD drivers cause the strange black screen issues. Both have had their problems and when discovered both resolved them in short order.

Neither company is guilt free on releasing crap drivers. I've seen Nvidia drivers throw systems into bluescreen loops to where they have to restore a previously known good version to get back up and operational. And I've seen AMD drivers cause the strange black screen issues. Both have had their problems and when discovered both resolved them in short order.
Oh I totally agree.. but it does chafe a bit when I still see the old "AMD Drivers Sux" thrown around with no real justification, while nVidia crap drivers get a pass - "Oh they fix it soon enough". AMD drivers have been pretty stable for a bit now. That's a separate issue from lacking features though...

I've only had one AMD GPU that entire rig got retired about a year after it got it. Did o.k. but had a few driver related issues.

However, since 2015 I've noticed about one a year from NVIDIA that will do something unwanted. Sometimes badly enough that I'll reinstall and older one. Here's hoping this HDR 'fix' doesn't actually make things worse for my LG. To me, it seemed fine to begin with.

Here's hoping this HDR 'fix' doesn't actually make things worse for my LG. To me, it seemed fine to begin with.
This is the one I'm curious about!

Oh I totally agree.. but it does chafe a bit when I still see the old "AMD Drivers Sux" thrown around with no real justification, while nVidia crap drivers get a pass - "Oh they fix it soon enough". AMD drivers have been pretty stable for a bit now. That's a separate issue from lacking features though...
I have an RX460 4GB card that's been shifted into the paperweight pile for some time now. It's about to get put to work in a Linux-first desktop, but it started life as a second GPU for my desktop for running too many extra monitors, did a stint in the Wife's PC until it crashed Photoshop and Premiere too many times, spent a few week in a server for which AMD has no drivers, and now will be underpinning a Linux 'workstation'.

We'll see.

This is the one I'm curious about!

I have an RX460 4GB card that's been shifted into the paperweight pile for some time now. It's about to get put to work in a Linux-first desktop, but it started life as a second GPU for my desktop for running too many extra monitors, did a stint in the Wife's PC until it crashed Photoshop and Premiere too many times, spent a few week in a server for which AMD has no drivers, and now will be underpinning a Linux 'workstation'.

We'll see.

So I did a short search on RX 460 and issues with Adobe - does not seem to be a widespread problem - you sure it’s not a bad card or outmoded build issue? As far as Linux support ... well, you kinda know what you are getting into when you jump on that bandwagon - everything is hit or miss depending on your distribution of choice and specific requirements once you go open source.

You'd do better to search against AMD GPUs and Adobe. I found enough last I looked to steer me away from AMD APUs for my last laptop purchase.

I've only had one AMD GPU that entire rig got retired about a year after it got it. Did o.k. but had a few driver related issues.

However, since 2015 I've noticed about one a year from NVIDIA that will do something unwanted. Sometimes badly enough that I'll reinstall and older one. Here's hoping this HDR 'fix' doesn't actually make things worse for my LG. To me, it seemed fine to begin with.
Their one serious outstanding issue right now is stuttering in Steam VR games. It's been an issue for at least 7 months.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had a Nvidia driver related issue.

But I stick to the Studio drivers so there's that.

AMD burned me with some Adobe software having major issues with their drivers , so I can't go that way anymore. Just not worth it.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had a Nvidia driver related issue.

But I stick to the Studio drivers so there's that.

AMD burned me with some Adobe software having major issues with their drivers , so I can't go that way anymore. Just not worth it.

Couple weeks ago for CP2077 was my last driver issue. Quickly fixed. Then about month or so ago with COD:BOCW. Quickly fixed.

Just installed newest driver from Nvidia.. and within an hour... 1st bluescreen. We will see if it was just a teething issue or not. Either way I remove those drivers soon. :)
I'm sure you've tried doing a DDU on the system, yes?

Become a Patron!
Back