NVIDIA Reminds Us That Twelve More Games with Ray Tracing and DLSS Are Coming This Year

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-upcoming-rtx-and-dlss-games-1024x576.jpg

Are you a GeForce user who’s still stuck on the Pascal generation? NVIDIA has published a dozen more reasons as to why you might want to finally ditch that GTX 1080 Ti and upgrade to a Turing or Ampere model.

At least twelve new titles featuring ray tracing and/or DLSS (the company’s AI-based upscaling technology) will be released by the holidays. These include a few titles that you’ve probably already heard of, such as Cyberpunk 2077, Call of Duty: Black Ops...

[url=https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/10/21/nvidia-reminds-us-that-twelve-more-games-will-have-ray-tracing-and-dlss-this-year/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
They are trying to remind you that DLSS and raytracing are very important as competition is about to hit for said card.

That's a ... fairly thin catalog if you are trying to hang your hat on it.

Now there are a small number of very high profile titles in there (2077, CoD, Watch Dogs), but ... yeah. This is just a pure "Hey, don't buy AMD because they won't be able to do this!" ... and unfortunately, it's not that big of a list.

Really makes me wonder what AMD has in store for RT, if not DLSS... we know Navi2 has some RT capability, because it's in the consoles, and I am presuming that at least those 3 big AAA titles will also use RT on their console versions.... so it stands to reason they will probably support it on the PC version of AMD GPUs as well... (but that's a big probably).

For tech that has been around for more than 2 years already (original RTX launched in 2018), this is not an impressive showing of developer support.

Yeah, reminds me of the list they posted when they came out with it, over half of which never implemented. Well, developers didn't/don't have a huge reason to support stuff that isn't mainstream... that's a lot of duplicated effort to add RT/DLSS to a game that is meant to run on a switch, ps4, xbone, pc with AMD GPU's... it's not as if writing code just for NVIDIA is really worth it unless nvidia is paying... err sponsoring... it (which they did and why we got it in some games). I don't see RT catching on until another generation or so (by catching on I mean in more games than not in). Nvidia was early out of the gate, but it was really just beta testing hardware for future game/game engines to learn with. I'm sure they know/knew this as most new features (And first revisions) aren't always taken and implemented in everything immediately. We all know/knew this was the direction, but new technology takes a while to mature.

Classic: "These include a few titles that you’ve probably already heard of"... I mean, like... you're basically saying we have 12 new games coming, but only a couple that anyone actually would have heard about or be waiting on... lol, great marketing.

And, not to mention, these are going to be games that are all $60+ a copy.

Of course a person can say "I picked up these and they support Raytracing and DLSS" and then in the next breath say "It'll be great when I can get a card that supports it." :LOL:

I already own edge of eternity. It’s not a bad game but not exactly something that would be a poster child for RT or DLSS either. It’s one step removed from a Kickstarter.

What about all the previous games that never got RT/DLSS or the ones that never got updated?

NVIDIA Rubbing it in: 12 more games you won't be able to enjoy this year because you can't buy a GPU for them!

Grabbed a list of promised titles with RTX/DLSS support from last year.

Care to guess which ones are yet to deliver? Hint: Asseto Corsa cancelled RTX/DLSS support.

Anthem
Ark: Survival Evolved
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Atomic Heart
Battlefield V
Boundary
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
Control
Convallaria
Cyberpunk 2077
Darksiders III
Dauntless
Deliver Us The Moon: Fortuna
DOOM Eternal
Dying Light 2
Enlisted
F.I.S.T.
Fear the Wolves
Final Fantasy 15
Fractured Lands
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
Hitman 2
Islands of Nyne
Justice
JX3
KINETIK
Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries
Metro Exodus
Minecraft
Monster Hunter World
Outpost Zero
Overkill’s The Walking Dead
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
Project DH
Project X
Quake II
Remnant: From the Ashes
Ring of Elysium
SCUM
Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Stormdivers
SYNCED: Off-Planet
The Forge Arena
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
Watch Dogs Legion
We Happy Few
Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Xuan-Yuan Sword VII

Maybe I might care about this if the games on the previous "Future RT Game List" from two years ago had actually panned out.

I still haven't played or cared to play for that matter; a game just for the ray tracing.

I still haven't played or cared to play for that matter; a game just for the ray tracing.
I doubt anyone bases their game buying choices on RT features. It changes nothing for me. If a game I wanted to play anyway has it good, but otherwise I couldn't care less.

Become a Patron!
Back