NVIDIA Reportedly Sold $175 Million Worth of Ampere GPUs to Miners

... If your money is not dirty and it spends... Don't blame Nvidia on this, they should sell their chips. Same AMD.

An example of a name brand "mining only" card.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Graphics-Card/NVIDIA-P106-100

Lots of these are on eBay. ZOTAC is another who made some. Most of the Chinese ones are no name brand and unlikely to find here in the States.

Thanks for the link. I Seem to recall some AMD 470/80 etc used like that before?

So basically the rumor now is that 175Millions worth of Ampere chips are being slapped on miner grade pcb's in China and that's why we can't have anything nice.

I spose it's possible. And neither underhanded or illegal.
But it's still a rumor. Sales numbers would be nice.

... If your money is not dirty and it spends... Don't blame Nvidia on this, they should sell their chips. Same AMD.
Well I don't think anyone blames them for anything but misleading ppl about upcoming inventory.
AMD basically guaranteed inventory ahead of the launch. Not so much...

I recall the rumors for both AMD and nvidia, but there was no hard evidence.
You better believe it, and it's not just Nvidia/AMD I actually have a seasonic PSU that was sold directly to miners, but somehow found it's way back into retail through backchannels. I contacted seasonic about it to see whether it is a knock-off or a legit seasonic PSU, and they confirmed it was real, and wasn't supposed to be resold. They themselves said it was a mining psu, with the built in fan controller disabled. I got it for about 1/3 of the normal retail price of said PSU. So you can imagine how cheap they were giving them to miners in volume orders.

Become a Patron!
Back