NVIDIA: RTX 2080 SUPER Can Run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in 4K 60 FPS with Ray Tracing

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has published a table that offers insight on what kind of experience prospective Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players can expect with various GeForce GPUs. The company claims that an RTX 2080 SUPER is good enough to not only drive the game in 4K at 60 FPS, but with ray tracing effects enabled.

For gaming at 1080p with 60fps, NVIDIA recommends using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or a GTX 1660. For gaming at 1080p with 60fps and Ray Tracing, the green team recommends using an NVIDIA 2060 SUPER. Competitive players that want framerates as high as 144fps (at 1080p) will need an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 or an RTX 2070 SUPER.

Huh that's interesting. And a big difference from earlier titles. Is it because it is a more refined (less full but artfully done) RT experience? or something else?

Huh that's interesting. And a big difference from earlier titles. Is it because it is a more refined (less full but artfully done) RT experience? or something else?
I was wondering the same. I also read elsewhere that not just RT but RT at Ultra setting.

or maybe because there is less to zero texture compression so they can manipulate the data more easily with less compute cycles? Could explain the massive install.

Too true. Hadn't thought of that.

And thanks to how Maxwell can compress textures on the fly so they take less space in the frame buffer it should still be efficient too. Just inefficient in storage.

Using 1 Ray. You can't suddenly get maximum performance at a higher resolution with extra RT thrown in without sacrificing something.

It should push 4K60 with RT. It's not that visually stunning of a game. The textures are pretty generic. I was getting 260 FPS at 2K with all settings cranked on my 1080Ti.

It should push 4K60 with RT. It's not that visually stunning of a game. The textures are pretty generic. I was getting 260 FPS at 2K with all settings cranked on my 1080Ti.
Was that running DX12?

Was that running DX12?

I changed no DX setting, so whichever version it was running default.

The recommended specs are not spectacular. It's not a demanding game. It can be played on 8 year old hardware with no issue.

Recommended Specifications
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / GTX 1660, or AMD Radeon R9 390 / RX 580 - DirectX 12.0 compatible
Storage: 175GB
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X
Memory: 12GB

Become a Patron!
Back