NVIDIA RTX 3000 GPU Benchmarked, Blows Away RTX 2080 Ti and TITAN RTX

If PC Gaming was my one and only hobby then I wouldn't mind spending $1500 on a card once in a while (thought, it would still make me sick to my stomach). That's not the case, however, and my honey money is already spread too thin to support all the other toys. I hope we'll get some attractive sub $1k offers...

$900 is going to be the new "mid range". If the 3090 comes in at $1500 and up for custom AIB cards, then we'll see 3080's at $1100-1200+ and 3070's (mid range IMO) at $900+.

How else are they going to structure it? And $900 for a mid range card is just stupid.

I made my last GPU purchase (used 1080ti) just when the 2080's were coming out and it has been a great value purchase. I also downsized my monitor from a 42in 4K (60hz) to my 27inch 1440p g-sync for a better overall experience.

Once these 3000 series cards are out, it may be an opportunity to go a used 2080ti, or perhaps to a 3080 if they are still in the 700-800 range. Going for a GPU over $1000 just does not seem prudent. It's not like I can't afford it, it's just too much for one component.
I dont think the 2080ti will hold much water against next gen for RTX.
I agree with you about price, I dont think top end 30xx series cards are going to be be worth buying.
NVidia had better surprise us or I'll put PC gaming on the back burner.

I dont think the 2080ti will hold much water against next gen for RTX.
I agree with you about price, I dont think top end 30xx series cards are going to be be worth buying.
NVidia had better surprise us or I'll put PC gaming on the back burner.

That or AMD surprises everyone and comes out with a true performance competitor to the top tier 3000 series cards.

That or AMD surprises everyone and comes out with a true performance competitor to the top tier 3000 series cards.
If they do I expect them to charge almost as much. Competition doesn't really drive down prices when one factors in how much costs have soared in the first place. It's like when your local merchant is having a holiday sale where everything is 50% off and when you check the prices you realize they jacked the price by at least 40% so the sale is really only 10% off.

IF AMD can release something that is competitive with current higher end RTX cards, at a cost near $700 I'm in for one.

Become a Patron!
Back