NVIDIA RTX 3000-Series Rumors: Up to 20 Percent IPC Increase Over Turing, Ray Tracing 4x Better Per Tier

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-flipped-1024x577.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

With the likelihood of NVIDIA officially announcing its next-generation graphics architecture next week, the Ampere rumor mill is spinning fast and furious. Some of the latest gossip comes from Moore’s Law Is Dead, who has dropped some pretty bold claims onto avid listeners.

For starters, the Ampere-based RTX 3000 series will allegedly offer a “solid” 10 to 20 percent IPC increase over Turing and feature double the amount of L2 cache and Tensor Cores per SM (streaming multi-processor), as well as substantially higher core clocks (frequencies of over 1,900 MHz will be standard, apparently).

Ray-tracing performance is also said to be four times better per tier, which suggests that a GeForce RTX 3060 might perform similarly, or even better, than an RTX 2080 Ti, with the next TITAN being capable...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
And cheap as hell!!!/s
To me vomiting some numbers and having a billion fps matters little when tha price is arm plus leg.

Curious about pricing. "Nvidia" and "value" have never been used in the same sentence so I'm gonna be gritting my teeth when I open the eventual link that shows how much they'll cost.

That said, that's definitely good news and I'll probably be in for a 3070. I kinda hitched my wagon to Nvidia when I shelled out $500 for my beloved G-Sync monitor a year ago so it's good to know I won't be regretting that decision for the next few years especially if a 3060 is going to be faster than a 2080T!

Coming from someone who has a 2080Ti, I hope this is true and the pricing is decent this time. Took a lot of going back and forth with myself to purchase my current card. Not sure I could convince myself to spend that amount on one single piece of hardware again.

HDMI 2.1 / DP 2.0 or bust.

I care about that as much as any speed increase, to be honest.

I don't know, Nvidia might either grow pc gaming or might grow next gen consoles.

HDMI 2.1 / DP 2.0 or bust.

I care about that as much as any speed increase, to be honest.
I agree. No way I'm gonna buy, at least right away, without HDMI 2.1. I'm planning on this to upgrade for a rig connected a LG C9 and w/o that it's near pointless.

Become a Patron!
Back