NVIDIA Shares Benchmarks for Its “Insane” 8K GPU, the GeForce RTX 3090 ($1,499)

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA had plenty to share today, but its biggest announcement (and we mean that quite literally) was its TITAN RTX successor: the GeForce RTX 3090. We’ve already known of its existence for quite some time, but CEO Jensen Huang still managed to shock the world by revealing that the “BFGPU” (DOOM fan, Jensen?) would be capable of 8K HDR gaming. That’s equivalent to an eyeball-searing resolution of 7680 x 4320 pixels.

What’s even more mind-blowing is that the GeForce RTX 3090 can not only run games in 8K at over 60 FPS, but with ray tracing enabled thanks to the magic of DLSS. According to...

Continue reading...

In for one. This video card is going to last a long time. It might be the first actual "future proof" video card.

Nothing is "future proof". But if it's as big of a leap from 2080Ti as they claim then it'll last a good 4-5 years.
Hence the quotes. Unless there is some big advancement in ray tracing technology I can see skipping at least the next 2 generation of cards if you buy a 3090.

Apparently does not fit the ncase...
I need an AIB partner to make something better cooler wise or to go full custom WC when a block is finally out.

Nice thing is they were shooting for 8K so it should positively just stomp most things at 4K, at least for a while. I'm realistic about it though. We can still see some cards get crushed in 1080P due to how complex textures, and features, are getting but with these kinds of specs a 3090 should go a long ways for most things but, of course, in a number of years I can easily expect some games at 4K to bring it to a crawl as well. Honestly RDR2 could probably drag it down under 60 fps, in 4K, at fully maxed settings, now but it'll be fun to try and see.

This is for the Titan crowd. I'll be hanging out in the sub $500 3070 corner I guess.
Still not a bad place to be. Once Big Navi comes out I think that end of the market is going to get real interesting with affordability.

Apparently does not fit the ncase...
I need an AIB partner to make something better cooler wise or to go full custom WC when a block is finally out.
EVGA has announced their lineup, and it looks like only the FTW3 is more than 2 slots and on the longer side. Looks like they're planning to launch the hybrid and Hydro Copper models right away, which are on the shorter side. If EVGA is, indeed, launching the Hybrid on the first day I may have to go with that one.

https://www.evga.com/articles/01434/evga-geforce-rtx-30-series/

EVGA has announced their lineup, and it looks like only the FTW3 is more than 2 slots and on the longer side. Looks like they're planning to launch the hybrid and Hydro Copper models right away, which are on the shorter side. If EVGA is, indeed, launching the Hybrid on the first day I may have to go with that one.

https://www.evga.com/articles/01434/evga-geforce-rtx-30-series/
I almost got one of those for the 2080 Ti. Reviews on Newegg we're mixed at best. Pretty sure I read some on a few tech sites that were not the best either. I was really bummed because I'm interested in finally switching over to liquid.

I almost got one of those for the 2080 Ti. Reviews on Newegg we're mixed at best. Pretty sure I read some on a few tech sites that were not the best either. I was really bummed because I'm interested in finally switching over to liquid.
I've never had issues with the EVGA hybrid kits since I started using them on my Titan X, I just have never purchased one of the pre-assembled ones. The addon kits went together smoothly, looked factory, and all performed great. I can imagine there not being as much attention to detail when they're assembled at factories in mass, though, so I could see how there could be potential issues with the pre-assembled ones.

Become a Patron!
Back