NVIDIA Shield TV Pro Gets a $100 Price Increase Bringing It to $299 as the Non-Pro Version Ceases Production

Peter_Brosdahl

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
11,167
Reaction score
7,937
The NVIDIA Shield TV Pro has just received a major price hike and now costs $299 for those wanting to own the premium streaming device. The first Shield TV launched in 2015 and has received updates in 2017 and 2019, with the launch of the Shield TV Pro for $199. The base non-Pro model is […]

See full article...
 
I've had mine for a few years now. Still works great.

Even at $300. Knowing what I know now, if I didn't have one I'd pay that price for it.
 
I wouldnt buy it, i would not use it for anything that i cant do with a roku or fire stick so its pointless. Still even though am not their customer 100 bucks increase seems quite excessive.
 
Haven't really seen anyone reporting on it, but it makes me curious what the various sticks are going for now vs. their original MSRPs. It's not like they're going to be exempt from memory cost increases.
 
I wouldnt buy it, i would not use it for anything that i cant do with a roku or fire stick so its pointless. Still even though am not their customer 100 bucks increase seems quite excessive.

I replaced my Roku with one of these. Best decision I ever made. Can't really explain it, but it's so much better. Faster UI, plays my Plex media directly with no transcoding, excellent sound, did I mention a better, very responsive UI? I will never go back to something else.
 
Become a Patron!
Back
Top