NZXT’s New Liquid Coolers Have an LCD Display for Displaying Data and Animated GIFs

Even some 15+ years ago at the computer shop I worked at, the Abit KX7-133 was a sales dud compared to the more feature filled boards that we had from Asus, Msi, chaintech, dfi, epox, etc that sold at a premium with more features. That particular board literally had ps2, com, serial and USB ports and that was it. No sound, lan, etc.

I remember helping friends build systems with Abit boards. Abit was a great market segment for I want this CPU some ports and NOTHING ELSE. I will put add in cards to get the other features I need.

Problem was they also made the boards.... cheaply. Meaning they felt like crap. The green PCB's were almost that yellow green color. Nothing about the boards seemed to be quality or aesthetically pleasing.

Yeah, when I was considering going Ryzen 3xxx, I had my eyes on the Asus Pro WS x570 Ace. Perfectly up my alley.

I was disappointed to find they didn't make a TRX40 version of it, when I decided to go with Threadripper instead...
Why would they call that a 'workstation motherboard' when it's targeted to a prosumer cpu socket?

****ing lame, just like LED's

Wasn't enough that PC's were starting to look like Christmas Trees. Now they have to look like times square?

Why for themlove of God can't we just have functionality without the bling?

Some might say, if you don't want it, just don't buy it, but that is total BS. Just like how you can't buy a motherboard without stupid lighting today, pretty soon you won't be able to buy nothing without this be crap all over it.

I wan to murder all these children and their goddamned "RGB".

You can. Well, at least on some components. The MSI MEG X570 Unify has no RGB lighting what so ever. Also, you can turn off the lighting as well.

I dunno, having the temperature displayed right on the cpu looks functional to me.

As for RGB, I do't like my pc looking like a clown vomited in my computer case, but all my stuff has it. And it's turned off. Works just fine dark.

You can set the lighting to a solid color or turn it off.

Just wait until they start using multiple mini displays in systems playing rotating advertisements that show up on camera during televised esports games. You know it's coming. "check out that aoi loop John. He's able to. Overclock thst CPU to. The bleeding edge thanks to his sponsor monster energy in partnership with gaming glasses... Protect your most. Valuable ocular assets with esports gaming eyezors brought to you by amd and the ryzen 12. When 48 cores is just the beginning.

Gotcha but still it would make two product lines for one product raising costs. And they already employ a software team for bios etc that they cant really drop. I highly doubt the LED on or off option within software is taking up too much time for them.

Yup, once you do it once for the high end model, it doesn't cost anything extra since the development cost was already sunk.

Unless your like MSI and skimp on BIOS storage...

Just wait until they start using multiple mini displays in systems playing rotating advertisements that show up on camera during televised esports games. You know it's coming. "check out that aoi loop John. He's able to. Overclock thst CPU to. The bleeding edge thanks to his sponsor monster energy in partnership with gaming glasses... Protect your most. Valuable ocular assets with esports gaming eyezors brought to you by amd and the ryzen 12. When 48 cores is just the beginning.
This was my first reaction. All cpu/youtube reviews will use this and have sponsors displayed on it. It’s a great idea in that regard.

Become a Patron!
Back