One week Remains to Score Preorder Discounts on the Samsung Galaxy S24

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
Last week, Samsung launched its Galaxy S24 Series phones, providing a one-up over its S23 series phones by making it at least one number higher and throwing in the power of AI. As per usual, Samsung is running two weeks of pre-order deals if you jump in and get the phone prior to launch. As […]

See full article...

I miss my Note 4. I've been on a Galaxy A32 for almost a couple years now. I got it for free from T-Mobile when they took over Sprint and shut down the Sprint network. Since my Note 4 only worked on the Sprint network, they gave me new a new phone for free. A very cheap phone. It gets the job done though. Slow and weak, but all I really need a phone for is making/receiving phone calls, and text messages as a secondary function. Anything else I can do on my actual PC.

I miss my Note 4. I've been on a Galaxy A32 for almost a couple years now. I got it for free from T-Mobile when they took over Sprint and shut down the Sprint network. Since my Note 4 only worked on the Sprint network, they gave me new a new phone for free. A very cheap phone. It gets the job done though. Slow and weak, but all I really need a phone for is making/receiving phone calls, and text messages as a secondary function. Anything else I can do on my actual PC.
I like being able to provide a hotspot. Also I do actively dislike not having an S-Pen if the new fold whenever I'm ready STILL doesn't have an integrated S-Pen I'll be going back to whatever S29 Ultra is out at the time. ;)

I always forget my S23 has a s-pen. I never use it.
My wife uses hers she has a nerve condition where constantly touching things with her fingertips is painful. So I got her a phone with an S-pen and she uses a apple pen knockoff with her tablet. Things like that.

I like it... but my favorite use is a remote camera button. Then you can hold your phone out and use the good cameras on the back and use your S-Pen in your free hand to snap shots. End up with some great looking selfies.

As far as phones go I'm trapped in the Apple garden, for now, due to my family's preference for Facetime but do miss Samsung phones. I still do use their tablets and have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ Wi-Fi 256 GB that I got in 2020 to replace my last tablet that reached EOL Android support. This one has an S-Pen and I thought that my wife would be into it because the software is fairly decent but she's never really used it. Otherwise, it has been an incredible audio/video media playback device. I'm absolutely dreading the day I have to retire it.

As far as phones go I'm trapped in the Apple garden, for now, due to my family's preference for Facetime but do miss Samsung phones. I still do use their tablets and have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ Wi-Fi 256 GB that I got in 2020 to replace my last tablet that reached EOL Android support. This one has an S-Pen and I thought that my wife would be into it because the software is fairly decent but she's never really used it. Otherwise, it has been an incredible audio/video media playback device. I'm absolutely dreading the day I have to retire it.
Easy... or painful if you like privacy... solution. Get your family using facebook messenger. You can call and video call with that and do video calls and everything else and it doesn't care what you're running it on.

...due to my family's preference for Facetime...
Get your family using facebook messenger. You can call and video call with that and do video calls and everything else and it doesn't care what you're running it on.
Or you can use Google Duo for encrypted voice or video calls. It has come in handy for me when trying to remotely help people build or set up their PCs from hundreds of miles away. Pretty sure it's also available for iOS.

Ugh, being stuck on Apple, I'm not sure I could even wish that on my worst enemy (if I had one).

I feel your pain on being stuck in the Apple Camp. I'm getting there with my family, migrating them away from the "Apple Life". I've got my daughter using a Pixel 8 now, and I have a Pixel 7a. My parents are off the Apple Bandwagon finally, with the only 2 combatants left to fell are my wife and son. The pull into Apple is strong with those 2, so I have an uphill fight ahead of me..

I feel your pain on being stuck in the Apple Camp. I'm getting there with my family, migrating them away from the "Apple Life". I've got my daughter using a Pixel 8 now, and I have a Pixel 7a. My parents are off the Apple Bandwagon finally, with the only 2 combatants left to fell are my wife and son. The pull into Apple is strong with those 2, so I have an uphill fight ahead of me..
Much like dark side they can be redeemed!!

Become a Patron!
Back