Paul Atreides Rides a Sandworm in First Official Trailer for Dune: Part Two

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Warner Bros. Pictures has released the first official trailer for Dune: Part Two, the next chapter in Denis Villeneuve' big-budget adaptation of Frank Herbert's celebrated 1965 sci-fi novel. The trailer, which features just over two minutes of brand-new footage, teases some of the film's gorgeous visuals by cinematographer Greig Fraser, as well as a big action sequence in which Paul Atreides, played by Timothée Chalamet, rides a giant sandworm across the desert. Dune: Part Two is scheduled to hit theaters on November 3, 2023, although the original film only managed to make $402,027,830 worldwide, per Box Office Mojo's numbers.

See full article...

Been taking them long enough to get this movie out. When I saw the previous movie I had no idea it was gonna be a "part 1" so I was pissed when it suddenly ended.

Been taking them long enough to get this movie out. When I saw the previous movie I had no idea it was gonna be a "part 1" so I was pissed when it suddenly ended.
Wow... I honestly thought everyone knew.

The question is whether or not if pt2 is the end of this story. Don't get me wrong, I'm acutely aware there are more books in the series, not counting the ones that came out after, but I'm hoping he's not trying to turn this one story into a trilogy. I enjoyed the 1st and I'm looking forward to this but I really don't want a 3rd to finish it.

The question is whether or not if pt2 is the end of this story. Don't get me wrong, I'm acutely aware there are more books in the series, not counting the ones that came out after, but I'm hoping he's not trying to turn this one story into a trilogy. I enjoyed the 1st and I'm looking forward to this but I really don't want a 3rd to finish it.
Yeah, all the movies to date have just kinda stopped at the first book, and while the first book is good, it's far from the end of the story, or even the best part of the story. They do get a bit slow there in the middle, not sure how you would handle that profitably in a movie script, but I thought the ending was worth the journey.

I think while the first movie was decent it didn't do anything better, or more than the 1984 movie. For that reason it left me kind of disappointed and underwhelmed. So I'm not looking forward to part 2 at all. I will probably still watch it after it gets a home release, but I'm not going to count the days.

Yeah, all the movies to date have just kinda stopped at the first book, and while the first book is good, it's far from the end of the story, or even the best part of the story. They do get a bit slow there in the middle, not sure how you would handle that profitably in a movie script, but I thought the ending was worth the journey.
I enjoyed both the SyFy series. It had some production drawbacks but otherwise, I liked them.

Decades ago I met a guy at a local bar known for celebrities to occasionally drop by who said his brother was the original screenplay writer for the Lynch's movie. He said his brother originally wrote about a dozen, thick binders, worth of material for that movie but when they presented it to the studio it was culled down to about two or three. However, he said they were excited because a lot of it ended up getting used for the SyFy versions.

I think while the first movie was decent it didn't do anything better, or more than the 1984 movie. For that reason it left me kind of disappointed and underwhelmed. So I'm not looking forward to part 2 at all. I will probably still watch it after it gets a home release, but I'm not going to count the days.
I will say the movie made with incomplete special effects by Kubrick was good. And had a complete first book journey... more or less.

With the pacing that they stuck to in the first more recent movie there is clearly 1 more if not 2 more (but I hope for only 1 more) to do the first book justice. BUT... if I was going to break it out...

You could cover the rise of power of Paul among the people of Dune. His disappearance and presumed death as he slowly came to power and had children of us own, culminating with him having his water of life moment.

Then the Third movie would be the BIG set action piece.. Where WAR is being brought and the greater political intrigue is exposed with the potential suitors and such and the various negotiations where Paul shows his more political rather than just raw power.

With that pacing they set in the first movie I could see them doing it this way across 2 more movies. I just HOPE they filmed them back to back in that case so we can get a 2nd movie this year and a 3rd movie next year. OR a big 4 hour theatrical release to wrap the first book now that they know people WILL see it.

I enjoyed the 1st and I'm looking forward to this but I really don't want a 3rd to finish it.
Exactly where I am coming from. I was upset the first movie didn't cover the whole first book. So this 2nd movie better f*cking finish it. I really hope they don't stretch it to a 3rd movie.

Fun fact: there was a co-worker at my last job who was in a Dune-based band. They were called "Bene Gesserit Witch". He handed out samples of one of his albums at work. All the songs were Dune-themed. I remember the name of one song was "Ride The Worm". I'll have to see if I can find the CD and the album cover. Sadly my co-worker died. Never found out how/why. May he RIP. He seemed a good dude.

Become a Patron!
Back