Philips Unveils 28-Inch 4K 60 Hz IPS Monitor

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
philips-4k-ultra-hd-lcd-288e2uae-1024x576.jpg
Image: Philips

Philips has announced a new 28-inch 4K IPS 60 Hz display that appears to be an attractive solution for gaming or productivity. It features various display modes, cable management features, an adjustable stand, stereo speakers, and USB 3.2 ports with fast charge B.C 1.2. It is expected to launch for around £269 (around $300) in February.

philips-4k-uhd-288e2uae-rear-1024x576.png

Specifications

LCD panel type: IPS technologyBacklight type: W-LED systemPanel Size: 28 inch/71.1 cmDisplay Screen Coating: Anti-Glare, 3H, Haze 25%Effective viewing area: 620.93 (H) x 341.28 (V)Aspect ratio: 16:9Maximum resolution: 3840 x 2160 @ 60 HzPixel Density: 157 PPIResponse time: (typical)4 ms (Grey to Grey)*Brightness...

Continue reading...

There is nothing attractive about that display for gaming. For productivity, I'd still argue it sucks because it's too small physically. You'd almost have to use font scaling to use it, which makes the resolution less effective because of how it forces you to use larger application windows, etc.

Or cheaper?

I guess it'll depend on how well it performs against its peers. At least it has VRR on the spec list, we'll see if it's even useful.

What I will say is that it's a moderate step in the right direction in terms of pixel density when it comes to scaling. Obviously you'd need at least 150% at normal view distances, but in my recent experience with my 32" 4k at 150%, that results in a very, very sharp desktop!

Become a Patron!
Back