Playseat and Logitech G Announce Availability of Playseat Trophy Logitech G Edition

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Logitech G, a brand of Logitech and leading innovator of gaming technologies and gear, and Playseat, the leading manufacturer and innovator of high-quality racing and gaming products, have announced the availability of the Playseat Trophy Logitech G Edition, a new racing cockpit that is said to offer the most realistic racing experience today. Designed to deliver the ultimate immersion and customization, the chair is advertised as having an open-cockpit design and high-carbon steel frame, coupled by ActiFit, a patented body-conforming technology for ensuring comfortable ergonomics and more. The Playseat Trophy Logitech G Edition is available now in the US, Canada, and select markets worldwide for a suggested retail price of US $599 and €599.

See full article...

Not gonna lie. That looks pretty cool and the price, while up there, seems somewhat reasonable.

I've always wanted to get one of these PlaySeat-style setups to finally make proper use of my Logitech G27. I've never really had a way to properly mount and use that wheel, its shifter, and its pedals. The problem with these kinds of things is they usually cost at least a few hundred dollars. That's why I've never been able to pull the trigger on one.

EDIT: Looks like this one doesn't have a shifter mount, so would be useless for me anyways. A lot of these things cost so much yet don't even provide that (or make you pay extra).

Last edited:
I was thinking they need to partner with that guy that I posted a video of about two months ago that created a setup with 3x UW curved monitors for an optional mounting rack/kit. That was an epic setup.

Looks cool. $600 ehhhh I guess if it's good quality. Not that I have room for it anyway and the wife would freak out.

Back in my younger days I would have probably jumped on something like this since I was really into racing games. Now a game pad is fine with me for occasional racing game.

Not that I have room for it anyway and the wife would freak out.
Mine is usually pretty supportive but there is almost always a catch in that if I want something extreme she'll pull out whatever thing she's been holding back on which ends up only doubling the insanity of it all.

Correct racing sim afficianados and people that want the best sound both spend many many thousands.
Yeah, I can't remember if it was you or others here but I've seen some intense-looking setups for racing and flight sim stuff posted in the forums from various sites over the years.

...my wife would just shake her head at it.
...the wife would freak out.
Mine is usually pretty supportive but there is almost always a catch in that if I want something extreme she'll pull out whatever thing she's been holding back on which ends up only doubling the insanity of it all.
I'm sensing a pattern here...

Honestly asking, what's the issue here? Why would your wives have problems with a seat-thingy that is meant for mounting steering wheel controllers? I'm not sure why they would freak out or shake their heads at what is essentially just a chair in a frame.

Honestly asking, what's the issue here? Why would your wives have problems with a seat-thingy that is meant for mounting steering wheel controllers? I'm not sure why they would freak out or shake their heads at what is essentially just a chair in a frame.
Because it's a ugly chair in a frame that takes up as much space as a full size desk and can't be tucked away when not in use... for the most part.

Because it's a ugly chair in a frame that takes up as much space as a full size desk and can't be tucked away when not in use... for the most part.
Yup. If it had wheels or something where you could easily move it....

What Grim said. There've been things she wants in the living room that I've been oh h no, that had the same problem. I won't go into detail but space, regardless of any of the places we've lived and our current house actually has quite a bit, is a contentious thing and I've had to defend every inch I'm 'allowed' to have despite being told that it's not like that.

Become a Patron!
Back