[PR] BIOSTAR Readies Its AMD Motherboards for Ryzen 3000XT Processors

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
biostar-racing-b550gta-motherboard-box-1024x576.jpg

BIOSTAR, a leading brand of motherboards, graphics cards, and storage devices, today announces product support for the latest AMD RYZEN 3000 XT series processors.

biostar-ryzen-3000xt-support-pr-1.jpg

AMD’s latest refresh of their RYZEN 3000XT series desktop processors has taken the market in storm providing higher clock speeds designed on the highly stable Zen 2 architecture. Built on AMD’s B550 and A520 chipsets, AMD has expanded the 3rd Gen Ryzen processor range with a wider selection for consumers with the addition of the new XT range which consists of 3 new processors, the Ryzen 9 3900XT, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT and AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT processors.

BIOSTAR has already prepared their product line to meet up with AMD’s release by launching a timely BIOS update for their AM4...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to point out the curio that the 3300x and 3100 apparently did not require an AGESA update - despite the fact that they were rocking non-standard setups (most notably the 4+0 ccx core config) with clockspeeds that didn't exist on any of the other processors.

Yet this 'clockspeed refresh' apparently demands one, hm.

I'd like to point out the curio that the 3300x and 3100 apparently did not require an AGESA update - despite the fact that they were rocking non-standard setups (most notably the 4+0 ccx core config) with clockspeeds that didn't exist on any of the other processors.

Yet this 'clockspeed refresh' apparently demands one, hm.
Were they simply already in the shipping AGESA?

Too bad Biostar's presence in North America is virtually non-existent. Even when they make good boards, their availability makes them as rare as hen's teeth.

Were they simply already in the shipping AGESA?
Possibly, as the entirety of the Ryzen 3 line (that's what they call their brand of i3, i5, i7 product split, for clarity) wasn't present until those two processors were launched.

Become a Patron!
Back