[PR] Thermaltake Launches Floe RC360/RC240, the World’s First CPU and Memory AIO Liquid Coolers

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
thermaltake-floe-rc360-cpu-memory-liquid-cooler-1024x576.jpg

Thermaltake, the leading PC DIY premium brand for Cooling, Gaming Gear, and Enthusiast Memory solutions, proudly presents the first-ever product that combines memory and an AIO liquid cooler, the Floe RC360 / RC240 CPU & Memory Liquid Cooler. Thermaltake never stops to seek out possibilities to impress our users with a more efficient cooling solution for our memory modules. With the new Floe RC360 / RC240 CPU & Memory Liquid Cooler, users can acquire an unparalleled gaming experience.

Floe RC360 / RC240 CPU & Memory Liquid Cooler is compatible with TOUGHRAM RC memory modules (Sold separately) and grants further expandability which allows users to equip a high-quality all-in-one cooling system, including a water block, radiator, an ARGB controller, and three high airflow 120mm fans on the RC360 version and two high airflow 120mm...

Continue reading...

Why would you want to liquid cool memory?

Memory isn't even a significant contributor to overall system heat...

Why would you want to liquid cool memory?

Memory isn't even a significant contributor to overall system heat...
I am in the same boat as you regarding liquid cooled RAM, but some people want extreme Speed or Timings and a 10c drop can be the difference between a stable RAM OC and stock XMP. I still wouldnt personally do it myself and I tend to stick with what I can get out of the stick with its normal heat spreader. But yeah there are reasons if you will just not very practical or cheap.

Last edited:
Liquid-cooling RAM would be relevant in the off case you decide to set up a (tiny) temperature-controlled loop, so as to keep Samsung B chips at a steady 25 C +/- a couple of degrees under operation.

The only time you'd realistically do that is if you want to do re-overclocking sessions as you inevitably kill your sticks at >1.8v for those sweet, sweet extreme memory OC gains.
(in addition to the casual "lose 3/4ths of your memory capacity so that it even runs those settings")

Other than that, because your ambient temperature sucks and it's the only way to keep [X>1.5v, X<1.6v] Sammy B below 40 degrees celcius - since the higher the voltage you pump into it, the more temperature sensitive it (practically) becomes.
I say practically because it technically doesn't stop being temperature sensitive, but if it's not running barely-stable settings at barely-stable voltages - that doesn't matter as much.

Become a Patron!
Back