Prime Day 2019 Surpassed Black Friday and Cyber Monday Combined

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are starting to get more and more irrelevant, at least in Amazon's eyes. The e-tail king gloated that it sold more this week during Prime Day than both of those holiday classics combined. To the qualm of its warehouse workers, Amazon shuffled more than 175 million items on Monday and Tuesday, many of which were first-party products such as the Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick.

Members worldwide saved more than one billion dollars throughout Prime Day. This year's event was also the fastest ever, thanks to new shipping options such as Prime Free One-Day, Prime Free Same-Day, and Prime Now worldwide.

“We want to thank Prime members all around the world,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder and CEO. “Members purchased millions of Alexa-enabled devices, received tens of millions of dollars in savings by shopping from Whole Foods Market and bought more than $2 billion of products from independent small and medium-sized businesses. Huge thank you to Amazonians everywhere who made this day possible for customers.”

Ironically this is probably the 1st one I didn't buy anything. Except for a great deal on a 2950x I honestly didn't see anything that would be worth it compared to what we already have. I'll take Jeff's word for it but otherwise it was a pretty solid 'meh' for me.

Gotta make up for those divorce losses.
On my side of the fence my wife was grumpy because shopping is off limits after her last few recent sprees. She's got enough on the plastic that she won't have it payed off until winter. She fully expected me to get something and was even grumpier when I decided I didn't want anything.

Ironically this is probably the 1st one I didn't buy anything. Except for a great deal on a 2950x I honestly didn't see anything that would be worth it compared to what we already have. I'll take Jeff's word for it but otherwise it was a pretty solid 'meh' for me.
Same here. Had this event been done on the weekend... then maybe. But I'm not going to bother to look through AZ's site looking for potential deals on things I don't need while at work.

Become a Patron!
Back