Puma Is Selling $100 “Gaming Socks" to Those of You with More Money than Sense

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
"Active Gaming Footwear" is now a thing, courtesy of Puma. The footwear giant has begun selling "gaming socks," which supposedly deliver "seamless comfort, support and grip so gamers can adapt to different active gaming modes and game their best." That's probably something only a sucker would believe, so Puma has priced them appropriately: they're available now in the UK and Australia for £80 and $160, respectively (around $105 in US currency).

I see no reason why a PC gamer couldn't wear them as well, except for the lack of RGB lighting. That's a real shame, because the lack of grip on my regular socks is the only reason I never attempt any jumping jacks while playing games. But without RGB lighting, can we really even call these gaming socks? That just seems silly.

The site says it's intended for console gamers lol, spend 300$ on a console and 1/3rd that on socks wtf. If I buy these will you guys review them?

Yeah...If I wanted to spend that level of money for something to wear indoors I'd rather go buy some Haflinger slippers. I actually use compression sleeves when playing mmorpg's and rts's because my elbows tend to get away from the armrest as I flail on the keyboard like it's a piano.

"Designed for indoor and in-arena use, it delivers seamless comfort, support and grip so gamers can adapt to different active gaming modes and game their best." How the **** is footwear gonna affect my gaming, aside from racing games where I am using a steering wheel controller with pedals? These "gaming socks" and their ****ing cost HAVE to be a ****ing April Fools joke.

Well that looks more like gaming house shoes than socks. Though really... I don't see the benefit. I think it's something for parents to get gamer kids that isn't another freaking video game. On that mark a hundred bucks is probably an easy spend for said parent.

Apparently Puma Poop Socks didn't test well on marketing surveys.

Dude Wipes, what the ****?! I had never heard of these! HAHAHAHAHA!

Become a Patron!
Back