Raja Koduri Talks about Lower-Powered GPUs, Upcoming Meteor Lake Xe Graphics, and Future Arc GPU Releases in a New Interview

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Raja Koduri spoke with Gadgets 360 about a number of topics spanning from current and upcoming products, to thoughts about the future of the PC industry.

See full article...

I think he’s kinda missing the picture. Which is typical for Raja.

He states the sweet spot is 200-250W because it only has one power connector.

Both of those statements happen to be true, but it isn’t that people go out and try to buy GPUs with just one connector. They buy the best the can afford, and that old $250+/- price bracket happens to be this power point.

Based on my energy bill lately I would be very happy if Intel were to come up with a much higher fps/watt solution in a discreet card that has reasonable 4k fps.

My understanding is that the biggest energy suck/heat creator is ram cells being shorted out to set them back to 0. I suspect a holy grail of computer would be a way to eliminate this or find a way to recycle the energy which would lower heat and energy costs significantly.

While I want to play my games with everything maxed out and ay 4k (or eventually 8k) I dont want to go into debt to the local energy company.

While I want to play my games with everything maxed out and ay 4k (or eventually 8k) I dont want to go into debt to the local energy company.
I want to go 150mph and get 45MPG while doing it.

Some things are just mutually exclusive until the technology can catch up.

I want to go 150mph and get 45MPG while doing it.

Some things are just mutually exclusive until the technology can catch up.
Yea really... tell that to modern sport hatch backs compared to sport cars from the 1960's. Technology hasn't made them faster, more reliable, and more powerful, all while consuming considerably less fuel. Sometimes by a factor of 3 or more.

It'll get there. Imagine if we just gave up because nobody has done it yet.

Become a Patron!
Back